2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Hey 2micron.. I have been reading about your products for years..and must admit.. I am somewhat confused ..what is available NOW ( if anything) for my 2011 jetta tdi as far as the filtration for my hpfp? I am keeping my car (going for the fix) and need some peace of mind if possible! Thanx.. Forrest

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Hey 2micron.. I have been reading about your products for years..and must admit.. I am somewhat confused ..what is available NOW ( if anything) for my 2011 jetta tdi as far as the filtration for my hpfp? I am keeping my car (going for the fix) and need some peace of mind if possible! Thanx.. Forrest
Hello Forrest,
Thank you for asking!
I have a couple options for you:
Right now:
CP3 pump kit. It's more than well proven to allow you to forget the HPFP concern and have the ultimate piece of mind for fuel system reliability. 100% bolt on, plug and play with no ECU modifications required. Works perfectly on a factory emissions car up to and beyond our current "stage(s)" of tune.
Many report easy installation, factory look, faster starts and a very minor increase in fuel economy. Comes with the One Micron filter head, filtering your fuel after the factory fuel filter, giving you the cleanest, best chance at water free fuel fed to your new pump and injectors.
Option #2
The original "Contain Flow" filter kit. New one piece design with no fittings to leak. Uses the CimTek 70025 one micron filter to filter the return fuel from your factory HPFP, protecting your low pressure system from pump contamination. These are available right now as well.
The Contain Flow kit above should be paired with the original Pure Flow kit that is coming back soon..... very soon.
It's also a one piece design, no fittings to leak, see pictures a few posts back.
Send me an email if you wish and I can give you pricing options.
Thank you,
Andrew
tdi2micron@yahoo.ca

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Haven't installed mine yet because one of the most "reputable" but aloof (ie IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT) tuners told me it would need to be re-tuned....
The 2micron mods (pure flow and contain flow) have absolutely zero effect on fuel delivery to the cylinders. Fuel pressure, injector timing and quantities, and fuel flow are completely unchanged. There should be absolutely no need for any change in a tune because there is no change to the flow of fuel after it leaves the HPFP.
The contain flow device is only there to limit damage if the HPFP fails (it prevents shrapnel from returning to the tank and recirculating through the system).
The pure flow system actually only separates the flow of fuel to the high pressure side of the pump from the fuel flow to the low pressure side of the pump. Most HPFP failures occur in the low pressure side. This mod prevents the shrapnel from any failure from getting into the high pressure part of the fuel system (the fuel rail and the injectors mainly).

Both mods are designed to limit the carnage caused by an HPFP self-destructing but each one protects a different part of the fuel system.

Have Fun!

Don

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
The 2micron mods (pure flow and contain flow) have absolutely zero effect on fuel delivery to the cylinders. Fuel pressure, injector timing and quantities, and fuel flow are completely unchanged. There should be absolutely no need for any change in a tune because there is no change to the flow of fuel after it leaves the HPFP.
The contain flow device is only there to limit damage if the HPFP fails (it prevents shrapnel from returning to the tank and recirculating through the system).
The pure flow system actually only separates the flow of fuel to the high pressure side of the pump from the fuel flow to the low pressure side of the pump. Most HPFP failures occur in the low pressure side. This mod prevents the shrapnel from any failure from getting into the high pressure part of the fuel system (the fuel rail and the injectors mainly).

Both mods are designed to limit the carnage caused by an HPFP self-destructing but each one protects a different part of the fuel system.

Have Fun!

Don
Yes, thank you Don, you nailed it!!
The statement was in regards to a CP3 pump kit. Which does not required any additional tuning with the new pump. A bone stock, factory emissions car works perfectly with the CP3 kit, as well as any level of Malone tuned cars. There are many, many owners that would be happy to give feedback.
When we exceed stage 3, Malone has developed a specific Stage 3.5, geared to the CP3 output. Best to allow a Malone representative to comment.
Thank you,
Andrew

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Yes, new kits coming!
I have developed a new Pure Flow adapter. One piece, modular aluminum block with no additional fittings, lines or places to leak. This will make installation much easier. It is designed to fit all the 2.0 4 cylinder CR motors. Yes, Passat and the latest EA-288 (2015 Jetta, Golf and Wagon)
There also needs to be a return filter for the CR motors. My original "Contain Flow" filter will still work for most, but the new EA-288 (2015 Jetta, Golf, Wagon) will require a remote filter on the underside, which I am developing.
Here is a sneak peak of the new Pure Flow (temporarily in plastic):

Thanks all!
Andrew
Hello All!
New style PureFlow kits are Ready!!
It is one piece, modular, solid aluminum anodized block with no external lines or fittings or seals. The modular block is ported internally, eliminating the previous external tubing and fittings of the first generation PureFlow.
These are designed to fit the first generation 2009-2014 cars, as well as the new 2015's.
No extra fittings, tubes or hardware is required.

Installed on a 2015 GSW. You can barely notice it is there!!!!

Also, New Style filter head for 2009-2014 cars. Same new modular style with no fittings and machined in one piece hose barbs.

Filter heads (both kits for return Flow protection and main fuel feed protection) coming soon for the 2015 MK7 cars.
Contact me if you wish to get one of these new modular style kits,
Thank you,
Andrew

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Wow, would like to see the machine tool that cuts the filter heads. Specifically how those barbs are cut. Nice work Andrew.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Neato! Funny how one guy in Canada can come up with more elegant design solutions than entire teams of German engineers.

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Thank you all for the nice comments folks!!
Here are a couple more pictures of the special one piece hose barbs.

All the best!!
Andrew

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Thanks for the pictures Andrew. I agree, they are cool.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Nice job Andrew, makes owning a CR car a possibility one day, :cool:

Neato! Funny how one guy in Canada can come up with more elegant design solutions than entire teams of German engineers.
Because they don't give a crap. As long as it makes the warranty period, that's all any OE cares about. :mad:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I sent for the hose barbs needed for mine. They sent me 9 and I need 2 and will keep one for a spare, JIC. That leaves 3 sets of 2 left. If anyone needs 2 let me know. PM me.

edandemma

TDI
09 Jetta
Finally got around to removing and cleaning up the contain and pure flow kit from our 09 Jetta. It is looking for a new home now. Install and removal were easy, about an hour to install and hour to remove.

Biggu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW PANA/ NAV
Good to know stuff for 2015+ is in the works. Once the containment is available ill be ordering both the containment and pure flow for my car.

edandemma

TDI
09 Jetta
Any word from the cars that went through the repair, if any received new HPFPs. Our car was running great so we waited a few extra months for the buyback. Love the new Passat but sure miss the diesel. Now I have a toolbox drawer with removed tdi parts accessories.

kscarter

TDI
1999.5 Jetta GL
pure flow still available?

Does anyone know if the pure flow adapter kit or the return filter kit are still available? I sent a message to 2micron a few days back and then tried his website and it seems to no longer exist.

Thanks,
Kevin

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I'd wager your luck on someone selling their used kit.

Then I'd wager your luck of within minutes of winning the buy after word is out.

Good luck.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I got ahold of one of his new anodized aluminum kits.

havent taken time to install it yet. (been too cold to want to futz around with the car)

I even got the adapter bracket for the return filter, and it winds up buried behind the front bumper.gotta get myself a filter holder and a filter for there and im good to go...

I got ahold of him thru email and PM on this site.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Does anyone know if the pure flow adapter kit or the return filter kit are still available? I sent a message to 2micron a few days back and then tried his website and it seems to no longer exist.

Thanks,
Kevin
I am pretty sure that Andrew is still making and selling his kits. However, you also have to be aware that this is a sideline to him, not his full time job. If you have some patience, he will respond to you.

Have Fun!

Don

edandemma

TDI
09 Jetta
Thanks,
Kevin
There are used kit's out there, I sent you a Private message with more info.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Wow. I'm glad I put my kits back into the community. There seems to be a good demand, and looks like it'll keep a demand for a while!

I hope others who need to give up their cars for whatever reason also remove the kit and keep it in circulation.

Andrew has truly offered a valuable piece of equipment.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk