FS: 2005 Passat wagon TDI with 5 speed manual

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2005 Passat wagon
Sale on hold - I was in a motorcycle accident and am unsure what my future transportation needs will be. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Located near SLC, Utah

2005 Passat GLS TDI wagon
195,800 miles
DUK 5 speed manual installed (ordered from Frans on TDIClub)
KermaTDI tune (sent ECU in, no Q-loader)
Wheat Beige Metallic with tan leather interior
Heated leather
Sunroof
Wood Trim
Monsoon audio system
New Yokohama YK740 GTX tires

I bought the vehicle in July 2014 with 155K miles and a bad auto trans. I replaced the transmission with a used DUK 5 speed I ordered from Frans in the Netherlands for correct TDI gearing. New Valeo clutch went in with the trans. KermaTDI performed the tune with a Stage 1. All functions (cruise control/reverse lights) work great.

Timing belt was done at 150K. I don't know what was done to address the BSM, but something was done as the oil pan shows added gasket sealer. The BSM would not have lasted this long without getting replaced/deleted, so I have full confidence that it's been addressed. I didn't want to drop the oil pan just to check.

It's a 12 year old car with nearly 200K miles. It's clean, but not anywhere near perfect. Some notable issues:
- Pretty bad rips in driver seat (They were there when I got it. I was keeping seat covers on until I had a chance to replace them.)
- Salty roads in Utah have sandblasted the front bumper. The rear bumper has some sizable scratches. There are other small scratches/dings in other areas.
- Headlights are foggy. (I have just been using a restoration kit to polish them about twice a year.)
- Homelink panel is missing
- I think the tandem pump gasket needs to be replaced. It intermittently (less than once a month) has a long-crank starting issue. It has never had a no-start issue though. It just started this winter or I would have addressed it before trying to sell it.
- The wheels have some curb rash. They function perfectly, just don't look perfect.

I absolutely LOVE this car, and it hurts to be selling it. We just added another child to the family though and stepped up in size to an Audi Q7 for family car duty. Additionally, I'm starting dental school and we only want to have one car to maintain/insure. I've already told my wife I'm buying this car back or another B5.5 TDI wagon as soon as I'm out of school.

I just drove this car almost literally across the country (Oregon to Kentucky, North Dakota to Arizona) to go to dental school interviews and trust it completely.

I'll get more pictures soon/as requested.

Best way to contact is text: 8zero1-9eight9-zero633. Call if you have to, but with the new baby around, I can't guarantee I'll answer.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
Price drop.

Anybody interested at all? I've had some local interest but would prefer someone from this great community.

Caseyjones

TDI
Still looking
It's a touch further than I'm hoping to go but I keep turning up empty locally. I really like the Passat SW but have avoided them because of the automatic.
I cant find any info but is the KEV trans the long legged one? I have a whole lot of open road around here so a nice relaxed 5th gear would be amazing.
I'm watching with interest.

tom2turbo

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Interested

I like the Passat, larger than my 04 Jetta. Would need to sell the 04 to make room for this Passat though.

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
So, I was involved in a motorcycle accident shortly after updating this. It hasn't been at the top of my priority list. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I don't know if I'll be able to ride a motorcycle again and have had to reconsider selling this vehicle. Again, I apologize for any hardship suffered by the change in plans.