2012 Jetta TDI TUNING OPTIONS

boost4life

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Does anone know of Any options for my car besides getting the ECU reflashed. I'm looking for someething that could be removed and sold in the future like a module. It appears it's to new on the market at this point but Someone has to have something in the works for it.
This is one option so far but the 12 model is in Beta testing http://www.parleysdieselperformance...odule-for-2009-2011-vw-and-audi-2-dot-0l-tdis

Thanks

Last edited:

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
Does anone know of Any options for my car besides getting the ECU reflashed. I'm looking for someething that could be removed and sold in the future like a module. It appears it's to new on the market at this point but Someone has to have something in the works for it.
This is one option so far but the 12 model is in Beta testing http://www.parleysdieselperformance...odule-for-2009-2011-vw-and-audi-2-dot-0l-tdis

Thanks

it looks like diesel power is the only box out there (that I am aware of)

this box might work, contact the dealer to discuss

http://dieseltuning.ca/2channel_c2A.php

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
I would SERIOUSLY steer away from any 'tuning boxes'.

It just freaks me out putting in a resistor box in a 2012.

toethumbs

TDI
2012 Jetta
If your going to do it and spend the money, I recommend using a company that people have had great results. I will be getting a tune from Malone stage 1 once my warranty is up. Those box's are not doing well in the 2.0CR's. Just my 2cents.

tdiluvin

TDI
2009 Jetta Wagon TDI
If your going to do it and spend the money, I recommend using a company that people have had great results. I will be getting a tune from Malone stage 1 once my warranty is up. Those box's are not doing well in the 2.0CR's. Just my 2cents.

Are you able to give examples of what's not working well?

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
could you not get a spare ecu to get tuned? that way you can swap it out if need be.

Jet A

TDI
2009 Jetta
could you not get a spare ecu to get tuned? that way you can swap it out if need be.
The ECU's are tied to the vehicle (Security.) If someone can clone your stock one first, then yes, it should work. If not, the security built into the ECU will not allow for switching between two ECU's.

While under warranty, I ran a DieselPower® Digi CR 2 in my 2009 TDI. It was decent, but nowhere close to the stage 2 Malone tune I am running now.

I will be putting my Digi CR 2 in the For Sale section soon for a very reasonable price.

Jet A

TDI
2009 Jetta
Is that Immobilizer? That can't be tuned out?
That's a great question. My understanding is the ECU's would need to be cloned to appear to be the same. If that is something that can be tuned out, that would be awesome.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Is that Immobilizer? That can't be tuned out?
I think that the answer to this question is - not yet anyway. This has been the issue that has stopped people from putting a CR engine into other cars, boats, airplanes, etc. Perhaps someday tuners will figure out a way to eliminate or bypass the immobilizer in the EDC17 ECU, but I have not heard of it being done yet.

You can get away from having to ship your ECU off to the tuner by finding a tuner who has a dealer in your area who can pull the ECU and tune it in only an hour or two. Malone Tuning, RevoTechnik, Neuspeed, Unitronic, and others have dealers who can do it. It all depends on who has a capable dealer in your area. If you look at the tuner's websites, they will have lists of authorized dealers.

Have Fun!

Don

LANCECASPER

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI GLS 5 Speed (SOLD); 2006 Jetta TDI DSG (SOLD); 2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6M (Reflex Silver)
The ECU's are tied to the vehicle (Security.) If someone can clone your stock one first, then yes, it should work. If not, the security built into the ECU will not allow for switching between two ECU's.

While under warranty, I ran a DieselPower® Digi CR 2 in my 2009 TDI. It was decent, but nowhere close to the stage 2 Malone tune I am running now.

I will be putting my Digi CR 2 in the For Sale section soon for a very reasonable price.
How reasonable? : )
I am in San Antonio

k0mpresd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2005 bew, 2011 2l cr
I think that the answer to this question is - not yet anyway. This has been the issue that has stopped people from putting a CR engine into other cars, boats, airplanes, etc. Perhaps someday tuners will figure out a way to eliminate or bypass the immobilizer in the EDC17 ECU, but I have not heard of it being done yet.
no immo off solution for edc17/med17 yet. ive also heard it might not be possible and ive also heard that ecu's with tuner protection cant be cloned either. where as before you just need a flash and eeprom dump to flash to a second ecu.
i have tuning solutions for edc17 available btw. :)

TDICAT

TDI
N/A
Schied Diesel now offers custom tuning starting at gains of 20hp and going up to 150hp. It is a company that understands the world of diesel performance because of its involvement in building some of the most powerful and fastest high performance diesel engines and trucks (mostly Cummins). However, I believe the TDI is a very new thing to its roster of expertise, and have yet to hear how well the tuning does. But the starting price of $300 is very appealing considering Malone Tuning's $500 start price.

Toyotaguy

TDI
2010 2.0l swapping a toyota pickup
Lieing about rail pressure so the fuel control valve drives more volume through the cp4 is not the worst thing you can do. I don't recommend doing this because not only do you change rail pressure but i will bet the duration will increase also. By adding a "resistor box" you are bring rail pressure up all the time. And this is screwing with the computers fueling. but it will most definitively make power doing this.

I recommend tuning the ecm and keeping the factory sensor reading correctly so fueling can be controlled in a more refined manor.