What did you pay for your 2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI?

Canyonlands

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M

Welcoming the 2011 SportWagens and their owners to the forum! Congratulations!! :)

Here is a format to follow:

Date Acquired:
Location Acquired:

Color:
Transmission:
Options:
Price paid in relation to MSRP:
(Include destination charge. Include marketing/advertising fees if charged. Do not include dealer processing fees or taxes and do not apply your trade allowance.)
Production Date:

Any issues:
Current Odometer:

Fuel usage (MPG) data:

Canyonlands

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M
Date Acquired: Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Location Acquired: Denver, Colorado

Color: Platinum Gray Metallic / Titan Black
Transmission: Manual
Options: Sunroof, Mat Kit
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $1,721 less than MSRP
(Include destination charge. Include marketing/advertising fees if charged. Do not include dealer processing fees or taxes and do not apply your trade allowance.)
Production Date: July 2010

Any issues: None
Current Odometer: Second Tank UPDATE: 1,092 miles

Fuel usage (MPG) data: Second Tank UPDATE: 41.2 mpg

Last edited:

DBrian

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportswagon TDI
I'll bite:

Date Acquired: 8/14/2010
Location Acquired: TN
Color: Toffee Brown/Cornsilk
Transmission: DSG
Options: Premium Package
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $700 less than MSRP
Production Date: 7/2010

Current Odometer: 490

Fuel usage (MPG) data: 35.1 on the first tank, all city driving

Last edited:

adzling

TDI
Sportwagen
sportwagen tdi price paid

Date Acquired: 9/2/10
Location Acquired: San Francisco

Color: Silver / black interior
Options: Sunroof, rear airbags
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $1500 under MSRP
Production Date:

Any issues: none
Current Odometer: 25 miles

Fuel usage (MPG) data: too new to tell

Clark Addison

TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI
Date: August 30, 2010
Where: San Diego

Color: White gold, cornsilk interior
Options: rear side airbags, sport & protection kit
Price: $1800 below MSRP

Any issues: none
Current odometer ~200 miles
Fuel usage: 28 mpg, mostly around town.

Canyonlands

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M
Please edit your original post, the mileage, mpg and any issues, from time to time. I've done so now that I've put in 1,000+ miles and have an early read on fuel economy.

SteveGu

TDI
none
Please excuse if my question is in any way out of line...

I am expecting to buy a 2011 TDI Sportwagen in the next couple of months. Am I mistaken or does it seem that this car becomes more discounted the further west one shops? I am in Ohio, I wonder how to interpret these postings (which are Very Informative, thanks!)

Steve

Canyonlands

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M

I am expecting to buy a 2011 TDI Sportwagen in the next couple of months. Am I mistaken or does it seem that this car becomes more discounted the further west one shops? I am in Ohio, I wonder how to interpret these postings (which are Very Informative, thanks!)

Steve

There aren't enough 2011 owners to draw from at this point and even with 100 buyers, the price paid will depend largely upon the motivation and negotiation approaches of the buyers. See the following thread for the 2010 JSW TDI purchases for further examples:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=263370

Tms0425

TDI
Sold - 2010 JSW TDI DSG

Steve
I received a decent quote on 2011 JSW TDI in NE Indiana, but decided on the 2010 for a variety of reasons, including slightly better price. I can refer you to the dealer contact if you want to explore more. Good luck

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
http://zag.com/
Great price guarenteed!

Date Acquired: 9/3/10
Location Acquired: VW OAKLAND

Color: BLACK
Options: SUNROOF, 17" PORTO, MATS, SIDE AIRBAGS
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $250 above DEALER ($2000 below msrp?)

Any issues:
Current Odometer: 450

Fuel usage (MPG) data: 37.9 currently

Stallhorn

TDI
2011 sprotwagen
Date: 10/20/2010
Color: white gold Metallic/cornsilk
Transmission: 6 Speed MT
Options: P72, TDI Mat kit
Price Paid in relation to MSRP: 2,285 below MSRP
Production date: 9/2010
Current Odometer: 1700
Fuel Usage: about 38 MPG

Last edited:

icedt

TDI
2011 JSW
Posted this on the 2010 thread, but, I think this thread is more applicable.

Just got my 2011 Tempest Blue JSW!

Date Acquired: 10/18/2010
Location Acquired: Medford, MA

Color: Tempest Blue
Transmission: 6MT
Options: P72, Sport and Protection Kit
Price paid in relation to MSRP: 1550 below MSRP
Production Date:

Current Odometer: 200

Fuel usage (MPG) data: haven't gone through a tank yet, but upper 30s.

elro

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GSW TDI Highline Candy White DSG RNS315 Tint 18" Interlagos
Date Acquired: October 14, 2010
Location Acquired: Toronto, Canada

Color: Candy White
Options: Highline, Nav, Tint
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $1455.00 off MSRP
Production Date: September 23, 2010 (ordered Aug. 4/100)
Any issues: No issues so far and loving every minute I'm in it!
Current Odometer: 744 km.
Fuel usage (MPG) data: Too early to tell...still on first tank.

tedkidd

TDI
11 JSW
Date Acquired: October 15, 2010
Location Acquired: <---- here
Color: Candy White
Options: Highline, Nav, Tint, remote window, sb buzzer off, lock beep off. Matts, mud flaps, door bumpers, rear matt. Clearbra Monday. Needs mirrors and hidden hitch. Love to have paddles. Really wish keyless go was an option.
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $1000.00+ off MSRP
Production Date: hmmm, off the boat a week earlier. Found and allocated 2 weeks earlier?
Any issues: Noisy pointless voice control. Digging the easy to use nav after crappy one in e320 cdi. Love Bluetooth and iPhone link. Miss rain sense and auto headlights. Digging the somewhat quirky tranny.
Current Odometer: 450
Fuel usage (MPG) data: driving in sport and varying rpm for break in. Looks like 34-35 mixed driving.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

vwlogue

Veteran Member
TDI
7th VW: 2011 SportWagen TDI & 6th: 2000 Golf TDI
Dec 19, 2010

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with DSG
Tempest Blue
Premium Package (Touch Nav, Media, Panoramic roof, Porto 17" wheels) P72 + Mat Kit JWT
(and standard items like heated seats)

Prices excluding destination fee but before $650 Fed tax credit:
MSRP: $28,615 ($25,830 + $2,785 options)
Invoice: $27,175 ($24,797 base + $2,378 options)
Dealer Internet advertised price, w/out dest. fee: $25,999
Called to offer: $25,100
Dealer called back with: $25,450 ($1,725 below invoice)
Total price would be plus $770 dest. fee, 3.17% state & local tax, $289 dealer's "processing fee for customer service," and $64.75 tag and financing fee.

Note that this was an in-stock car, not a custom order.

We asked for side molding option JSM ($185 invoice) and they said they would throw it in but couldn't pull it up on the computer for the 2011 MY. FWIW, Zag offer price was $27,076 and Edmund's True Market was $28,577 (both included dest. fee).

Before getting the above price, I never stepped on a dealer's lot, but extensively looked at various online sites for used 2010 and new 2011. Put some numbers on the spreadsheet and decided to get the new 2011 JSW after stumbling on this one on Stohlman VW site. A few calls later and after receiving a fax of the costs broken down, we got there just before the 5 PM closing and came home a few hours later with the JSW. It was overall a good experience with the dealership. The salesman was a college-going GTI driver (and for our young boys, I asked for two VW black hats, just like the one he was wearing).

For anyone on the market, on their Web site they have a few 2011 JSW with pano roof option for $25,299 (excl. dest. fee).

OlDrifter

TDI
2011 Sportwagen Salsa Red
Date Acquired: 12/13/10
Location Acquired: Kansas City Area

Color: Salsa Red
Transmission: DSG Auto
Options: Portos & Pano, Rubber Mats
Price paid in relation to MSRP: 1700 Below MSRP
Production Date: Didn't look

Any issues: None so far
Current Odometer: 300

Fuel usage (MPG) data: No fill-ups yet but looks like about 31 around town so far.

Last edited:

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
We asked for side molding option JSM ($185 invoice) and they said they would throw it in but couldn't pull it up on the computer for the 2011 MY.
Are these painted to match the car? I looked at a 2011 JSW/TDI DSG and will have to wait a few months for my wife's lease to expire before ordering. The dealer didn't know much about the side moldings, seemed to think they were black. I want the ones that are painted to match. Are they OEM or aftermarket?

BrownBomber

TDI
2011 JSW 6M
Date Acquired: 12/30/10
Location Acquired: South Bay Area, CA
Color: Toffee Brown
Options: SportWagen Mat Kit, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Side Airbags
Price paid in relation to MSRP: $3K+ below MSRP
Any issues: Nope. Found the answers to both little wrinkles on this forum.
Current Odometer: 62 miles
Fuel usage (MPG) data: Not enough data to know yet.

Last edited:
I

ihatespeed

acquired end of Aug 2010
manufactured Jul 2010
paid 250 under msrp (Massachusetts document fees :mad:, but did dodge all sales tax:)
platinum gray
6 speed man
base features
15000miles
left mirror blinker loose / unplugged wire, left mirror whistled at speed, dealer fixed blinker, I put a little piece of Velcro in the folding mirror joint, molding on passenger side of center console fell down, I snapped it back in
center console top stuck open, little pin popped out of damper track, popped back in with little screw driver, really all minor things with easy fixes.
I drive mostly highway, and with a little restraint I get 45+mpg worst I've seen is 30 towing a trailer w/ 2 bikes on it.
mileage got better after break-in, and fuel choice seams worth 10%, right now it likes gulf.

BenVC

TDI
2011 JSW TDI DSG Toffee Brown
I wish I'd seen this before buying my JSW. I overpaid. I paid 27,700 for a 2011 toffee brown JSW TDI /DSG, pano, protection package, via a dealer trade. 200 miles on the odometer. &%*#

BUT HEY IT'S A GREAT CAR AND WHAT'S DONE IS DONE AM I RIGHT?

Rationalizations: The dealer didn't have brown so they had to drive it down from Wisconsin. TDIs are in high demand so the dealer wouldn't haggle much. I really wanted the car and they knew it. I'll forget about the purchase price in a few months and I'll still have this sweet car. When it's all paid off it won't matter. %^#@

Last edited:

nhdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6M gone back to VWoA, 1996 Passat Wagon (RIP)
MSRP with dest chg $25,500
OTD price paid $24,100 including all BS fees, docs, license, etc.

Original internet price quoted online was $24,400 including dest chg but exclusive of all the dealer fees. Shopped two other dealers online only and decided that I would pay $24100 or walk. First offer from dealer when I went there was $24750 including their fees. Gave them my final offer and they accepted it.

Last edited:

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
I wish I'd seen this before buying my JSW. I overpaid. I paid 27,700 for a 2011 toffee brown JSW TDI /DSG, pano, protection package, via a dealer trade. 200 miles on the odometer. &%*#
I'm in the same ballpark. Just ordered one this afternoon. It seems that VW doesn't build many with all the options on it despite their bundled package. The ones I did find doing a dealer inventory search were not the color I wanted. If I'm ordering it, I want it exactly like I want it.

Ordered a platinum gray 2011 TDI JSW DSG, premium package (pano, nav), 17" gray goal wheels. With everything it was 29,600 with destination and the wheels. It has to be built, they say 12-14 weeks.

alien

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
Piney, you didn't perhaps trade a Saturn VUE for your VW did you? Your username is familiar from the Saturn forums.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Piney, you didn't perhaps trade a Saturn VUE for your VW did you? Your username is familiar from the Saturn forums.
Have been on that for 10 years. My wife's 2008 Odyssey Touring is coming to the close of a lease. I was never a fan of the VUE's build quality. I wanted to buy her a TDI when we got the Ody but I don't think they were out yet. This purchase is a straight out purchase, I've not traded in years to avoid the hosing.

TDI
VW Golf Variant BMT DSG7 2011
Hi there, i'm a new member (from Europe) and i'm amazed over the prices you pay in the US! I know VAT in Sweden is high but that can't explain everything...

In europe it's most common to order your new car to your own specs (custom order?), we don't usually buy new cars from the dealers stock. So my car was ordered in november and I expect delivery in april!

VW Golf Variant Blue Motion Technology DSG7 Masters (Jetta Sportwagen)
Tempest Blue Metallic
2-zone climatronic
RCD510
Rear-view camera and parking-assistant
Tow-bar/hook (not certain of the english word...)

37 000 US Dollar...

Love the forum! :D (Sorry for the abuse of your language... ;) )

lexa

Veteran Member
TDI
none
VW Golf Variant Blue Motion Technology DSG7 Masters (Jetta Sportwagen)
Tempest Blue Metallic
2-zone climatronic
RCD510
Rear-view camera and parking-assistant
Tow-bar/hook (not certain of the english word...)

37 000 US Dollar...
hello,
it is mostly VAT that makes the diff. $37,000 / 1.25 = 29,600.

$29,600K for a car with options like your is 2K above mean sale price in US.

don't worry, we're likely to get federal VAT on top of state sales taxes in coming years.

Last edited:

elro

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GSW TDI Highline Candy White DSG RNS315 Tint 18" Interlagos
Prices are still much lower in the USA. Take a 2011 Golf TDI Highline Wagon in Canada with a DSG and RNS 310, add freight and pdi and your up to the MSRP of $34450.00. In Ontario, our sales tax (HTS) is extra at 13% and our dollar is on par with the US dollar....It`s cheaper in the USA