Engine & Glow plug lights on

dec942

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, blue
I was wondering if there is anyone in the cambrigde area that has a vag-com?
I need to get some codes cleared, or find out what the cause of the engine light being on. As well as the glow plug light flashing on and off.

Thanks to anyone that could help.

Uisge

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS Black
You might want to post this in the Ontario threads. Also, try linking to the 'VAG-Com List' near the top of the page, and searching for someone in Cambridge with one. 'Dimon' is listed as having one in Cambridge. Try contacting him.

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
I have a Vag, and I work in Cambridge. I could bring it in to the office tomorrow. PM me and we'll set something up.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Do you have a tuning box installed? I ask because you posted this in the performance section. If so, my guess is fuel quantity limit exceeded code. Just clear it and all should be fine. The ECM is not used to seeing that much fuel and you freaked it out a little. It will get used to it and not throw the code anymore. If it does continue to throw the code, then dial back the tuning box a little if it is adjustable.

Good luck.

dec942

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, blue
Hey Wingnut,

No I don't have the tuning box any more, I'm chipped with absolute now. I'm going to get it scanned with a Vag com to see if there's really a problem or just a glitch. I'm hopping to get a hold of Kayakkermit this week to do that. Thanks for the info though.