ScanGauge II

nacskins

TDI
2012 Jetta
Just purchased a scangauge II for my 2012 Jetta TDI. Anyone have pointers on how do get it to show engine oil temp, transmission fluid temp? Currently only shows water temp. Also nothing for boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Just purchased a scangauge II for my 2012 Jetta TDI. Anyone have pointers on how do get it to show engine oil temp, transmission fluid temp? Currently only shows water temp. Also nothing for boost?

There is boost. Check scangauge website for adding the xgauge codes. I did not see trans or oil temp unfortunately.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

nacskins

TDI
2012 Jetta
There is boost. Check scangauge website for adding the xgauge codes. I did not see trans or oil temp unfortunately.

Humm it shows boost but is blank on display

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
That was first tank on scan gauge so mpg isn't right :)

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
Just get to the scan gauge menu where you can add custom codes then input line by line what values you want to monitor. The available ones are on a PDF from the scan gauge website. Make sure you choose right model vehicle and then save it. There may be other codes to monitor, I'm looking for engine runtime hours myself which isn't on that pdf.

nacskins

TDI
2012 Jetta
Just get to the scan gauge menu where you can add custom codes then input line by line what values you want to monitor. The available ones are on a PDF from the scan gauge website. Make sure you choose right model vehicle and then save it. There may be other codes to monitor, I'm looking for engine runtime hours myself which isn't on that pdf.

Try this one for run time.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
Be cool to be able to get in there and adjust the math on these values somehow. I was looking for total engine hours like on my tractor.

Snailmailtrucker

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI
Scan Gauge II HPR Reading

Greetings,
Not sure if I am doing this right....
I am a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought a 2002 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI Auto Trans with no Reverse.
It did come with a ScanGauge II hooked up to it. I am curious as to what my Horsepower (Hpr) reading means...it says 1.8 or 2.2 (it varies) but I am not sure what it means.... 1.8 what ?

Thanks in Advance !

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Snailmaitrucker, I'd suggest that you start your own thread rather than tacking onto an existing thread.
You'll get better results that way.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
This is explained in the scan gauge manual. Available online. HPR displays the calculated HP vehicle is making.