Recommendation on Replacement Brakes/Rotors

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
I have a 2014 Touareg TDI and have to put brakes/rotors on it. Anyone have any recommendations for me?

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
I definitely would not do anything cheap. Either stick with OEM or do something a little higher end. Don't waste your money on drilled/slotted rotors.

Flyboy777

TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI W DSG
I have a 2014 Touareg TDI and have to put brakes/rotors on it. Anyone have any recommendations for me?
I’d go OEM premium rotors. They are “coated” which means they are zinc plated. My wife drives her car only about once a week if that and I love the coated rotors for the added corrosion protection especially if you do a lot of winter driving on salty roads. You willl pay more but they will last longer. I did not even realize they were an option till I started talking to my parts guy. I was putting cheap rotors on my wife’s toyota but just put a full set of coated rotors on her Toyota and they will last twice as long at least. If you drive lots it my not be an issue. I asked for them on my Passat and I do drive lots but am a brake **** and don’t like it when they start to pit up as your braking power goes down on a panic stop. I do all my own brake services and pay close attention to my brakes on an ongoing basis. I would not go aftermarket. The VW parts are top notch.