Diesel Extreme for injectors

Phil5651

TDI
2015 Jetta SE w/connectivity
I have a 2015 Jetta 2.0 TDI 27,000 miles and was wondering if Diesel Extreme would be good to use, if not what would you recommend.
Thanks
Phil

Phil5651

TDI
2015 Jetta SE w/connectivity
Not ooking for power upgrades, VW just did my software mod for Dieselgate and the check engine light came on. My diesel mechanic said to use it in EVERY Diesel that I have asultra low sulfur diesel can cause issues.
The reason for the question is with the new extended warranty I do not want of void it.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Not ooking for power upgrades, VW just did my software mod for Dieselgate and the check engine light came on. My diesel mechanic said to use it in EVERY Diesel that I have asultra low sulfur diesel can cause issues.
The reason for the question is with the new extended warranty I do not want of void it.

Ok so you’re talking about xtreme diesel addictive. No need for that ultra low sulfur diesel have plenty of lubricity, plus your car is a 2015. The injection system was designed with that in mind.
Drive more worry less.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Check the fuel pump next time you fill. If it has any bio component (2% or more up to 20%) you should have no issues with lubricity, the main issue with ULSD. VW approves up to 5% everywhere and up to 20% in certain states due to their regs. It has been somewhat proven that 2% bio in the fuel is the best lubricity additive tested and it is already in most fuels. Most stations are already additised sufficiently already and for the most part you need add nothing. I have had no issues running pump fuel with bio less than 20% since 2012. For some reading check out the fuel survey report here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=485259

Cold weather operations is the only thing I would consider using an additive for. If you are having water issues change stations. Otherwise drive on!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
So you are going to use something that could void the fuel system part of your warranty through not being an approved VW additive? That doesn't make any sense.

Wow! DE sure is some pricey snake oil...........

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
So you are going to use something that could void the fuel system part of your warranty through not being an approved VW additive? That doesn't make any sense.

Wow! DE sure is some pricey snake oil...........
Hey, Rattler.....lighten up. I think his main concern was would the use of the additive void his warranty so he was asking the crowd here. I don't know of any adds that void warranty. If the additives did then all of them would be under scrutiny. Power Service, Howes, Optilube and on and on it could go. I do agree DE is just pricey snake oil. :eek:

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Hey, Rattler.....lighten up. I think his main concern was would the use of the additive void his warranty so he was asking the crowd here. I don't know of any adds that void warranty. If the additives did then all of them would be under scrutiny. Power Service, Howes, Optilube and on and on it could go. I do agree DE is just pricey snake oil. :eek:
Ya, I guess it's how you say it. If you had an HPFP failure and VW knew you had been using an unapproved by VW additive then yes VW would have a very strong case for voiding your warranty. Do you know of any additives that are approved by VW and why would VW "scrutinize" additives that they don't recommend using?

In the real world most all Diesel additive do no harm and are well under VW's radar for problems relating to proper operation and/or warranty work.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The additive has nothing to do with the MIL.

The tuners have been working overtime to unfix the fix, welcome to the club. Good news is, they know better how to make diesel Volkswagens run properly than Volkswagen does. And you can use some of your apology money to pay for it. Then you can enjoy the car again.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Maybe they do but they aren't held to the same standards as VW is by governments and most don't have the deep pockets VW has to be able to sue for millions/billions.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
Sorry for the thread bump...but I have been running this stuff on BMW diesel for the past 2 years. Bunch of us have seen this stuff quiet down noisy injectors and clear injector related codes. That's a big deal, when injectors are $300+ each. I have no affiliation with this company, but understand there will be doubters...just one user's opinion/experience

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I use Diesel Extreme and EDT and most recently there winter Anti Gel formula in my BMW 328D and my 2015 Jetta SEL TDI don’t know if it makes any difference or not gives me Peace of Mind

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Sorry for the thread bump...but I have been running this stuff on BMW diesel for the past 2 years. Bunch of us have seen this stuff quiet down noisy injectors and clear injector related codes. That's a big deal, when injectors are $300+ each. I have no affiliation with this company, but understand there will be doubters...just one user's opinion/experience
It is because the BMW guys that I switched to Hot Shots Secret products

KeyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagon
I own 3 Diesels, a 1984 190D(230k), a 2009 ML320(66k) Bluetec, and a 2012 TDI JSW(121k).
All of them get the same treatment.
A shot of DieselKlean, and a shot of MMO in every tank.
About every 5th tank or so, they get a can of Seafoam too.

The 190d needs it especially, as its so old school... for me its the same as when we switched from leaded gas to unleaded... and these old queens need the additive as the ULS Diesel is well know to be lacking lubricity. I have also noticed a 10% increase in MPG when I used the Dieselklean vs not, time and time again...

I have actually proved to myself the the Seafoam works great multiple times at cleaning and keeping injectors clean in my gassers.
Its $6 a can at Walmart... I always have a few cans on hand.

Never used DE... maybe its good... maybe snake oil...

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
I own 3 Diesels, a 1984 190D(230k), a 2009 ML320(66k) Bluetec, and a 2012 TDI JSW(121k).
I have actually proved to myself the the Seafoam works great multiple times at cleaning and keeping injectors clean in my gassers.
@KeyTDI +1

rennsportmotorrad

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon

The 190d needs it especially, as its so old school... for me its the same as when we switched from leaded gas to unleaded... and these old queens need the additive as the ULS Diesel is well know to be lacking lubricity. I have also noticed a 10% increase in MPG when I used the Dieselklean vs not, time and time again...

I too run Diesel Kleen in every tank I run about 4 oz per fill up and about every 5th I use 8 oz--maybe overkill maybe not, but it cant hurt if it keeps the fuel system clean, plus I replace the fuel filter every other oil change, cheap way to keep it going and running well

Tankthecarman

TDI
2001 Jetta ALH TDI 5spd
Has anyone ever heard of adding marine grade 2-stroke oil to fill-ups? Supposedly it is a low tech way to reduce excessive wear and keep o-rings/hoses malleable. Thoughts?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to tdiclub! Read some here. Everything imaginable has been discussed here about adding stuff to your fuel, oil etc....

As a general rule though if you are using the proper fluids you don't need to add anything really unless you are in cold weather.

Last edited: