quarter mile time

SRT4Québec

Vétéran
TDI
pépine
nice i got exhaust 2.5 cat back chip booster cetane K&N filter. but my tdi start with 90 hp and 155 pound of torque.i thing my time gone a be in 16sor around of this. anyway i gone test in the track this weekend.

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
I turned a 16.060 with 2.463 60' time... and 85mph (holding 4th thru the lights)... Not too bad considering it's a New Beetle...

Gary M

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I just ran 16.825 @ 81.42 mph. Typical time today was 17 flat @ 80-82 mph.

best of 2.393 seconds to 60 feet! On stock Contis with 35 psi! Typical 2.4 to 2.6 seconds.

needless to say I surprised a few cars off theline that were MUCH faster than me in the 1/4. Mostly hondas and such.

100 degree day at 4500 feet altitude after a 80 mile commute straight to the track after work. Block 9 in group 0 measuring blocks said 179-180!

I have kind of given up on being fast in the 1/4. I am happy with for good launches.

starfighter

Mine (99 NB) would run low to mid 18's prior to the chip (best 17.99). After the chip, it kept blowing air charge hoses off the first time, so no valid slips there, and this last time it was slower. ( I dialed at 18.7) I 'm suspecting the MAF is gone. But that's better than the old 1.6 TD, it ran 20s even all day long ( and won quite a few trophies.) It actually got to have quite a following, folks cheering for the underdog.
So, there are some down to earth times that you can certainly beat. But if it's brackets, it doesn't matter, and you'll likely get a big head start on the nitrous crowd, who will also run in "power adders" class. It's slow, but it brings home the trophies.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I have to agree with the "trophy-getter" assessment. I have not raced for real, yet, but I noticed that my Golf is pretty darn consistent as long as I am consistent. So far I just go to the Wednesday night "test and tune" practice sessions at the local dragstrip (Rocky Mountain Raceway, BillW). Lots of fun. Its a real "gas" (bad pun intended)

Bill, Maybe we could get a SLC contingent of TDi'ers to show up for some runs! Not only am I the only diesel there, but the only VW, too.

speedrcr

Veteran Member
I ran my car twice, the first run with bad wheel spin (high mileage rated Michelin's) was 17.167 @ 79.79. The next run I eased off the line and then got on it, that run was 16.855 @ 81.03. The 2nd run was a 2.410 60'.

[ June 27, 2002, 20:13: Message edited by: speedrcr ]