Best of both worlds. Power + longevity?

flair.14

Veteran Member
TDI
02 black Bora
I drive a 2002 VW with an ALH motor. The only performance mod I have so far is an Upsolute chip. My next step is to buy injectors, either .205s or the Kerma nozzles. That should be it for performance mods for me (I hear snickering in the background).

Through the graphs in vag-com, I see I get boost spikes when I floor the pedal. Obviously that can't be good for longevity so I plan on installing a Dawes device to help fix that problem.

Given the situation the car will most likely be in, Upsolute + .205s + Dawes, should I be worried about the longevity of the engine? I know there are many people here that run .205s and Upsolute, but I still have my doubts how much this stout t engine can withstand when it comes to performance mods. Upsolute advances the timing under load from what I understand, but does it do it more than a stock ECU? If yes, should I retard the timing mechanically so it is a little under the centre line of the timing graph? This way the timing is a little retarded (maybe so am I) and when the ECU increases the timing under load, then it won't be so bad. Am I way off my rocker here or can this really work to help longevity?