TDI
2011 JSW
i am already at 45k since getting the car in june and the dealer is booked up

anyone have the DIY on this?? i am assuming it is pretty straight forward

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
Did you miss your 40000 service. I would be more worried about the fuel filter change than the oil change.

Donald

dvandentop

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
also do any of the chain stores sell the vw approved oil or is it best to get it at the dealer? and if so what should i expect to pay?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
i got last service at 35k so i am not that far off, does 40k call for fuel filter?
Scheduled oil and filter change is every 10k miles (10k, 20k, 30k, etc). Scheduled Fuel filter change is every 20k miles (20k, 40k, 60k, etc.). If you have a DSG transmission, scheduled oil and filter change for the tranny is every 40k miles (40k, 80k, etc.).

also do any of the chain stores sell the vw approved oil or is it best to get it at the dealer? and if so what should i expect to pay?
The only "chain store" I know of that sells the correct oil is PepBoys (Mobil 1 ESP). You can also buy it from the dealer, or any number of on-line vendors. Just make sure that it says VW 507.0 approved on the bottle.

Have Fun!

Don

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I tend to stay away from the chain stores for everything except car wash stuff and candy bars.