1.9 TDi AUY Overboost....new turbo fitted, what next?

pams69ghia

TDI
2001 1.9TDi Galaxy
Hi All.
We have a 2001 Ford Galaxy fitted with the 115BHP VW AUY Engine. It had continual overboost problems when we bought it and the vanes on the turbo were badly sticking.

I had the unit rebuilt but we are still getting intermittent problems with overboost, typically when going up a hill at low revs say in 3rd gear and trying to accelerate up it.

Did a bit of searching on here and from what I have read it could be one of the following.
Faulty MAF sensor
Leak from a vacuum line
Faulty N75 valve
Faulty actuator seal.

I have a mity vac tool and also vagcom.

Where would be the most obvious place to start looking. I thought about replacing all the vac lines first as this would probably be the cheapest option. How much and what size tubing would I need to replace it all?

TIA.

Tom W.

Veteran Member
TDI
mash-up GettaTDI150, 1986 Jetta Delux D, 2005 Passat TDI sedan
follow the thread in my signature- canadiangrizzly's piece - it will guide you through the process of diagnosing your problem
good luck!

pams69ghia

TDI
2001 1.9TDi Galaxy
That was where I got my info! lol.

A quick question about the N75. Will that operate the same on my engine and can I cycle it with Vag-Com? I assumed that as the actuator on the turbo was controlled by a vacuum, without the engine running there would be no vacuum to cause it to move, am I miising something or will there be a vacuum reserve to enable it to cycle a few times?

Will check the MAF by disconnecting it and see what happens first, then the N75 with Vag-com. Then its on to tracing the vac lines.