FAQ: 2009 - 2010 TDI-specific issues

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I think the last of your warranty expired in 5 yrs and 60 k miles.

There are dozens, maybe hundreds of Ontario based VW owners on this site. Why don't you post your problem in the local forum for that part of Canada? I'll bet you can get some good advice.

Dealers are usually expensive. Mechanics that don't know what they are doing can be even more expensive.

TDI
2009 Jetta
Hey, I have a 2009 Jetta tdi.

Yesterday, the big cooling fan stayed on after engine shutdown. Drains the battery. Will never turn off.

Before this, a restart of the engine and shutdown would cause the fan to turn off. But now, it stays on constantly.

What steps do I take now? (I turned on a/c, that caused the small fan to start, fyi)

Is there a step by step guide or help to removing the fan module for replacement? Should I be checking something else before I go ahead and try to replace the fan module?

Thanks in advance.

Gfcustom

TDI
Mk5 2.0t

Yesterday, the big cooling fan stayed on after engine shutdown. Drains the battery. Will never turn off.

Before this, a restart of the engine and shutdown would cause the fan to turn off. But now, it stays on constantly.

What steps do I take now? (I turned on a/c, that caused the small fan to start, fyi)

Is there a step by step guide or help to removing the fan module for replacement? Should I be checking something else before I go ahead and try to replace the fan module?

Thanks in advance.
i guess you have a faulty engine fan, but i will recommend it to use a scanner.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline

What steps do I take now?
I'm late to the party.... but how long did you wait for it to turn off prior to deciding that it will "never" turn off?

feheristi97

TDI
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI

Thanks in advance.
It is normal. Your engine is hot, ECU turns on your fans to cool the engine off.

Keary

TDI
09 Jetta wagon
Can I get some help with this code P00AF when I have googled it it tells me a number of different things if someone could help me troubles to shoot where to start.