Lost my Best Friend yesterday........

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Sorry to here about your lost of your best friend.We had to put our Cairn terrier to sleep 3 weeks ago, she lived for a happy "18 years".She loved to go on car rides and lay on the beach.When we got her she was 6 months old nobody wanted her because she liked to nibble on fingers.We still miss her and her brothers do to.

Her brothers

Last edited:

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Tomo, Sorry for your loss.

I grew up on a farm and had many pets (and inevitably lost them) over many years I cared for thousands of head of livestock and you learn to just do what is right no matter how it hurts you.

Pets are not people, but they certainly have personalities that are sorely missed when their time with us is done.

Peace

Bill

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
Tomo, you have my heartfelt condolences. May your memories of your best friend Stubby last forever. So sorry for your loss.

Stubby, be at peace, sweet fellow. You were much loved and will continue to live on in Tomo's heart.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Condolensces to you Tom-it's amazing to see what people will do for their pets-and the sad part is you didn't know about your dog's problem until it was too late.The last dogs I had we had to part w/ due to my son's allergies-we had them both since they were pups(a pug and a beagle)-they went to a good home and I still miss them-over 12 years ago.....if some people don't like your post,well,tough sh*t-most people on this forum are super,they will help a fellow member out-and from what I've experienced at the Ho5G's, we ARE an extended family.....

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Tomo,

I once dated a girl who had TWO of these great beasts....(no "r" although those were pretty great too)...anyways, I've got to admit, I fell for the three of them. Looking back, I miss the dogs.

Our neighbors lost their dog very recently. We'd see her everyday.....sweet, fun dog Molly was.

I can only hope you have many photos of your "lap-dog" as we do of the cast of critters we've had over the years.

nate379

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta
It's pretty tough.

I had to put a German Shorthair down about 1.5 years ago and it honestly ranked up there with one of the harder things I have had to do. When the vet walked in and said he had about 2 week, bad cancer, I was literally not able to make words come out of my mouth. Fully expected $100 in pills and he would be fixed.

Sure it's "just a dog" but it may as well have been the Dr letting me know a brother or sister wasn't going to make it.

I have a 85lb "lap dog" now. Darn black lab must think we weighs 10lbs or something haha.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Pets are not people, but they certainly have personalities that are sorely missed when their time with us is done.
Couldn't have said it better myself. 8 months after my dog had to be put down I still think of her often.

How time flies. I still remember your post from when you brought him home. It seems like it wasn't long ago :(

-J

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Tomo,

I once dated a girl who had TWO of these great beasts....(no "r" although those were pretty great too)...anyways, I've got to admit, I fell for the three of them. Looking back, I miss the dogs.

Hmmm, was that Scott or Chris???:eek::D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
We went through this almost 3 years ago now with my first cat. The toughest part (besides having to decide when the right time was) was coming home and not seeing her there.

I IMMEDIATELY got out pictures, had them enlarged and put in frames. It still hurts, but I feel better that I can still 'talk' to her...and still have her watching over me.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
:( I look at the pictures all day! We were looking for puppies today......but it is just too soon.........I am still crushed by his loss!
Julie I remember when you your Baby passed, very Sad!........We knew when we bought Stubby that the Breed had a short lifespan.......And I have been apprehensive damn near every day of his life.........and grew closer to him everyday........his death was so sudden.......we have 2 other dogs and they miss him terribly..........I find myself looking for reasons to stay longer at work so I dont have to come home and not find him there.........I will never forget my Baby Boy!
Thanks again for everyones condolences it is very comforting!!

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Sorry Tomo....I dread the day my Akitas cross that bridge.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Tomo, your best friend is not gone. If the bond between you is as strong as you say, I'm sure that he is still around you. His life mission just no longer requires him to be in that body. A good friend of my wife's is a professional animal communicator and she can communicate with animals that have passed on as well as those who are still with us. She was invaluable to us when we lost a beloved pet a few months ago. If you believe this and you wish to get in touch with her (so she can get in touch with your Stubby), click on the link below.

http://www.communicatewithyouranimals.com/Animal_Communication/Home.html

For those who do not believe that this is possible, feel free to ignore this post, but please do not bother to flame me (this is not the place). I was a doubter too, until I experienced what this person can do.

Have Fun!

Don

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
5 years is not a long time for a Dog. I hear the bigger breeds don't live as long.

Hope the pain subsides soon. Focus on the good times you had.

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
What a bunch of crap.. Refering to the Animal Physic

Tomo, your best friend is not gone. If the bond between you is as strong as you say, I'm sure that he is still around you. His life mission just no longer requires him to be in that body. A good friend of my wife's is a professional animal communicator and she can communicate with animals that have passed on as well as those who are still with us. She was invaluable to us when we lost a beloved pet a few months ago. If you believe this and you wish to get in touch with her (so she can get in touch with your Stubby), click on the link below.

http://www.communicatewithyouranimals.com/Animal_Communication/Home.html

For those who do not believe that this is possible, feel free to ignore this post, but please do not bother to flame me (this is not the place). I was a doubter too, until I experienced what this person can do.

Have Fun!

Don

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Houdini debunked that stuff thoroughly over 3/4 a century ago with a very, very large(for the day) reward that could be easily claimed by any genuine psychic. It was never claimed.

Randi offered a MILLION dollars... and the offer still stands. There is opportunity here for any real psychic to clean up in a large way.

http://www.skepdic.com/randi.html Good reading via this link. One fellow claims that 1 million dollars won't cover his 'expenses'.

Tomo, sorry for the digression.

Bill

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
What a bunch of crap.. Refering to the Animal Physic
Houdini debunked that stuff thoroughly over 3/4 a century ago with a very, very large(for the day) reward that could be easily claimed by any genuine psychic. It was never claimed.

That's just about the reaction I expected (which is why I asked that this not turn into a flame war). Remember....

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." -William Shakespeare

Sorry Tomo, I really did not want to drag this thread off topic.

Don

Last edited:

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Why the hell is it that people can't resist being bad douches?

See, a good douche is someone that says something mean and nasty in a sarcastic, lovable, good-natured way. They love ya, but they're just messing with ya. That's fun.

A bad douche is just a nasty curmudgeon that can't just leave something be and ignore it. They seek to be mean and nasty. DON'T BE A BAD DOUCHE! They suck, and not in a good way.

So, to the bad douches on here: click the red x, not the post reply button. You will be doing yourselves and by extension, all of us a great favour. Thanks =)

--/rant

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Tommy.......you are correct! that is the direction the forum has headed in the last couple of years........:( That is why I dont spend much time here anymore........when I 1st got Stubby I shared it with everyone here because they were my extended family..........Then I had a reason not to be here as much, I spent time with my Dog!
I posted this in the eastern forum because thats where most of my friends are!

GT2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 mk4 5-spd conversion from automatic.
Tommy, I am truely sorry for your loss, I am lost a Irish setter last year, and I had since he was a pup, this is my second, with each replacement, there is a unique bond and personality awaiting, dog lifes are painfully short compared to our lives, we are fortunate enough to be blessed with their goodness even if it is only for a short time, you will mourn now, but soon you will be feel happy again with your memories. You might want to stop by the local shelter to see who is waiting with a sunken heart for a new friend. Take care. Peter

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
This is "Griff" he is a 7 month old Neapolitan Mastiff. We went to Michigan last weekend to pick him up from his owner who could not keep him.......He is a Sweet young man and will help in the Healing process!
Stubby will always be with me

Last edited:

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Tomo - Congrats! He is one handsome dog! Enjoy :) Someday Dean & I'll get to adopt a dog too.... Can't wait.
Kristina

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nice looking dog,Tom-congrats on your new pal! How the heck did you find him all the way in Michigan?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
We (wife and I) drove 1555 miles in 44 hours... we didn't really have time to visit anyone. We looked at a 3 month old Puppy in Fremont (Breeder) sweet, then drove to Cadillac Mich to look at Griff. We decided on Griff because he was in danger! living in the same house as an 80 pound pit Bull that was abusing him. He is already trained and is a great dog! We found him on "Hoobly" a craigslist like For sale site.