www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old January 6th, 2019, 04:34   #1
arwolc

Default SDI to TDI(AFN remap to WG turbo)

Hello.
Maybe could someone help with remap? I have Lupo and I use 68pin 018 ECU from AFN engine, but I will fit WG turbo.
Because I need to remap EDC15V to wg turbo.
I looked to AGR N75 maps, they are flat. I read, there are 1x16 maps for controling WG N75. I found these maps, but how ecu knows to use theses maps? Thanks..
arwolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 15:22   #2
CasaEd

TDI(s): VW Passat B4

If you have used an 018 ECU then it is a 80 pin, not 68 pin ECU, 121 pin is EDC15VM,
which is the only one that is OBD flash-able, the other two require sockets and a programmer. need to know the ECU you have actually fitted and the letters that
come after the end letters, 021, is 68 pin ECU, 018 is 80 pin ECU and 012 is 121
pin ECU just to help you clarify the different ECU's
CasaEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 23:38   #3
arwolc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaEd View Post
If you have used an 018 ECU then it is a 80 pin, not 68 pin ECU, 121 pin is EDC15VM,
which is the only one that is OBD flash-able, the other two require sockets and a programmer. need to know the ECU you have actually fitted and the letters that
come after the end letters, 021, is 68 pin ECU, 018 is 80 pin ECU and 012 is 121
pin ECU just to help you clarify the different ECU's
o, sorry, 80pin. This is not flashable via OBD anyway. I can flash without problems, I desolder the chips and read theses.
Old January 8th, 2019, 14:51   #4
CasaEd

You can usually flash wastegate software into a VNT ECU, I have the older 68 pin ecu which is GL code, but i'm usuing GC software, which is for WG, hope this helps you.
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:56   #5
arwolc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaEd View Post
You can usually flash wastegate software into a VNT ECU, I have the older 68 pin ecu which is GL code, but i'm usuing GC software, which is for WG, hope this helps you.
who chipped this software, You?
there needs to be the map structure all the same to chip another software in another ecu, I think.. then variant is only to find the same structure software and reflash.
Old January 10th, 2019, 14:10   #6
CasaEd

Yes, my ECU has sockets, which i did myself and I flashed the software too.
Its easy enough to find a car with wg and vnt software.
The main differences are the N75 map the single value boost limit (SVBL) and the requested boost and boost limit maps so easy enough to copy. If you tell me the software code of your ECU I will look to see the WG equvialent software