My purchase...

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
Today I took delivery of a 2001 Golf GLS TDI 5 speed, black/black, luxury package. I've put 60 miles on it already and I LOVE it. I can't wait to get it broken in so that I can really step on it! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

FYI, there is a sticker in the engine bay that says "WARNING: Change the toothed belt every 60,000 miles".

Now I just need to locate a Amoco station that sells good diesel... the closest one on the Premium Diesel list is a good 45 minute drive north...

Happy driving!

-davin

Dana D.

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, white
Congrats! And welcome to the family.

They aren't VR6's in the acceleration dept. but then they aren't VR6's at the pump. It's the best damn road car I've ever driven.

I've got the same note about the toothed belt. I take it to mean the timing belt?

------------------
Y2K Jetta TDI GLS, Joystick, White/Black, Monsoon, Borbet Type E, for now...

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Davin, welcome and congratulations on your new TDI.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DL Durand:

It's the best damn road car I've ever driven.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DL, you took the words right out of my mouth. It is one of the best "road" cars out there
!

------------------
96 TDI Wagon, ABS, emerald green
00 Jetta TDI GLS, silver arrow, CWP, LUX1, 5 spd.

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
Congrats Dave !!

If you can't find the Amoco (and I can't so far), just use a busy Texaco station that has the Premium Diesel.... It's pretty good... and when I meet you face to face, I'll give you a bottle of Redline Plus 85 to get you hooked !!!

Gary M