VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI

wfg97079

Veteran Member
TDI
for the first time in 17 years, none
Miss the one I had on my last car and have been waiting for free shipping, ordered. Thanks

bmccrea

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Golf TDI Wolfsburg, '10 Touareg TDI
Just ordered. I was going to order before next winter, however free shipping seals the deal early.

ji79scoutii

TDI
2004, 2014
Does anyone have any pictures of the frost heater installed? I've got an '04 Jetta and want to know what its gonna look like under the hood.

Thanks

KID A TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
I ordered one of these a while ago and only got around to using it recently (it's getting cold here :) ). It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made for my TDI.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
KID A TDI said:
I ordered one of these a while ago and only got around to using it recently (it's getting cold here :) ). It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made for my TDI.
x2 for everthing said above!

Also, my wife approves.

jettaway03

TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS, 2003, Silver
I saw this offer ended 9/30. I missed it again, I even had the wife's buy-in. FrostHeater, throw me a bone?

red golf tdi

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
One year from date of purchase for the original purchaser on workmanship defects.

Email me off-line for some troubleshooting techniqics..chances are it's not the heater.

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
Are there any other deals comming up in the next little bit? Unfortunately I don't need two so the free shipping won't do anything for me.

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Thanks for the heater. Why did I wait 6 years for this kind of comfort. Driving mornings are comfortable now.

bakdoor

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta, 2006 Jetta (gone), 1999 Jetta-blue (gone,) 1999 Jetta-green (gone)
As a guy who was on the phone with Terry a few times (I ordered the wrong heater first, then smacked my oil pan and traded the car in before I could install it, so another call to Terry so he could send me yet another one,) I can tell you he's a great guy to deal with--knows his stuff and is very patient and knowledgeable. As for the product, I wouldn't ever have another TDI without it. Gotta love the instant start and instant heat in sub-freezing temps! Thanks, man.:D

bakdoor

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta, 2006 Jetta (gone), 1999 Jetta-blue (gone,) 1999 Jetta-green (gone)
Terry, just a quick question: how many amps does the Frostheater draw? It looks like (by my amateur calculations) it should be 8.33A, but I figured I'd check with you. Reason I ask is that the heater plugged in is suddenly tripping my GFCI outlet in the garage. I don't think 8.33 amps should be doing that, so I think I'm gonna call an electrician. But I wanted to ask you first.

Thanks!

red golf tdi

TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
bakdoor said:
Terry, just a quick question: how many amps does the Frostheater draw? It looks like (by my amateur calculations) it should be 8.33A, but I figured I'd check with you. Reason I ask is that the heater plugged in is suddenly tripping my GFCI outlet in the garage. I don't think 8.33 amps should be doing that, so I think I'm gonna call an electrician. But I wanted to ask you first.

Thanks!
8.3 amps is correct. Sound slike you'll need to replace your GFI in your garage circuit, they tend to be very weak in garage environments with moisture and cold.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
mine is plugged into a gfci, via a heavy duty timer with a 15a breaker. works just fine, hasn't ever tripped. For anyone that does not have one of terry's heaters, he has a fine product- once you have one, you will wonder how you ever got along without it! (free plug for a great guy!)

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I think it's about time I got one of these for my beetle... My trips are usually too short to get any appreciable heat, and that can't be very good for the car over the long haul. Plus, it's unusually cold this winter... (or is it just me...) ;)