VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
I would assume so, I do not know 100% hopefully they will provide some kind a proof as well , since I bought it used on the auction..
Did you run a Carfax or Autocheck? I think those typically show you if the car was a lease generally, and usually it will show if it was a lease at the time of the accident.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
Talked to Phynogen tonight at 9 pm,he told me it was a leased car , so at least that answers that question , why it was rejected.
The fact that the car was leased does not matter. Leasing could affect restitution, but leased cars polluted the same as non-leased cars. It has to be bought back.

Sadly, my words about VW giving us the run around seem to be coming true. Incompetent agents handling these claims.

VW will reject most of them and hope we give up.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
One has a rebuild title before 2015
This should not be 'ineligible' (since, according to the settlement it had to be totaled before Sept. 15 2015 and bought back from an insurance auction AFTER Sept. 15 2015). Are you going to appeal with the CRC, and possibly seek outside legal action if they deny?

Since the new guidelines have been established, has anyone had an outcome that actually has VW approving of a buyback, rather than a blanket rejection or the runaround?

Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I did appeal, we will see what the official denial answer will be, keep in mind VW did not still respond , Phyongen from Kalabrese Law firm did , He looked at the claim number and said it was at one point a lease. I think ones they deny you , suing would be almost waist of time , just dump the car on the auction pretty much , only if someone wants to join the class action lawsuit I would do it . And I do agree Lease or no lease the car still pollutes , since they don`t want to pay even for a fix or anything it will stay like that .

So far none of the people that I know got any approvals on any of the Rebuilt Cars, just a Denials and Rejections everywhere you look at it , also they are asking for more additional documents like was the car running in 2016, provide the car condition operable or not, etc etc nothing but hassle from VW, they will drag this and they will try to deny every single one of us.hate to be negative but that is the current reality.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The government essentially approved 15% of them not to be fixed and were okay with that. I am really surprised the government really made them fix any, as long as they got paid. I think the only reason they came up with this method is they thought VW would fail to buy back enough and get even more money. It has always been about the money and not the minuscule amount of pollution these few cars produced. Got caught lying/cheating and the government(s) saw a huge payday, not a chance to clean the environment. The environment suffered more due to the current "solution". You aren't helping the situation by keeping these cars on the road either as they can't be repaired to pass the original standard of cleanliness anyway. Still polluting more than allowed after the fix. Even if 20k of them don't get part one of the fix even, that is nothing in the big scheme of things.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Did you run a Carfax or Autocheck? I think those typically show you if the car was a lease generally, and usually it will show if it was a lease at the time of the accident.
I've looked at Clearvin and Autocheck on a couple cars and they show title events at certain dates and mileage but nothing explicit about lienholders. Is there an indicator there somewhere?

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
FWIW- Both CC and a claims support supervisor have mentioned CF as the source used for vehicle history.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
FWIW- Both CC and a claims support supervisor have mentioned CF as the source used for vehicle history.
Thanks. Good info. I've used Clearvin and it states no liens or blank fields for lienholders so I'm crossing my fingers. I'll spend the $40 or $60 on Carfax later in case I get any "ineligible vehicle" thing from VW.

I'm in the (iii) group, 2.0 liter.

Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Group III
By reading the 3.0 I wonder what they mean by this last sentence ..

Owners of used vehicles that were purchased with a branded title and had a
“salvage rebuilt” or equivalent title as of February 26, 2018, potentially are
eligible for Vehicle Value for Generation One Vehicles or an ECR and Owner
Repair Payment for Generation Two vehicles, if all other eligibility requirements
are met. If the previous owner of a Generation One vehicle does not submit a
claim for Owner Restitution by the Claim Submission Deadline, the consumer
also may be eligible to receive Owner Restitution.

Current Owners of a
Generation One vehicle also may be eligible for a REM or Owner Restitution in
lieu of Vehicle Value. ????????
REM ?/ Maybe a possible fix coming soon as well or?

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
"Following the CRC’s framework, Volkswagen has begun processing branded title claims
that were previously on hold, and has reached a determination in connection with one such claim."

Slow down VW, slow down!

yyamad1

TDI
2015 GSW SE 6M x 2
help needed in clarification.

So ive followed this thread for many months.. should have asked long time ago. I just dont seem to understand the criteria.
I have 2011 tdi jsw 6m, the history is
5/2015 damage reported
7/2015 title went to insurance comp.
7/2015 vehicle got salvage title
1/8/2016 dealer took title of this vehicle while it was in inventory Rebuilt title issued.
10/2016 I bought the car from dealer, was my daily driver until recently

Does this mean im SOL in buyback? Submitted claims 11/2017
Have all green check marks now but no offer.

Hope someone understands the criteria more than i do.
Thank u
Yohei

WISCO

TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
New report came out on 3.0 pretty much same as 2.0 cut off time 2/26/2018

http://cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/claims-reports
Using 19,602 as the total pool of eligible generation one 3.0 TDIs, VW must achieve a buyback of 16,661 vehicles. According to the update 13,709 (69.9%) of the vehicles have been acquired which leaves 2,952 vehicles left to achieve the 85% threshold.

Of this total above 1.6% have been deemed scrapped and coincidentally 1.6 percent of the threshold target is 266 vehicles. With only 225 3.0 claims withheld for branded titles I wonder how this will play into the seasoning of the final buyback soup.

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Using 19,602 as the total pool of eligible generation one 3.0 TDIs, VW must achieve a buyback of 16,661 vehicles. According to the update 13,709 (69.9%) of the vehicles have been acquired which leaves 2,952 vehicles left to achieve the 85% threshold.

Of this total above 1.6% have been deemed scrapped and coincidentally 1.6 percent of the threshold target is 266 vehicles. With only 225 3.0 claims withheld for branded titles I wonder how this will play into the seasoning of the final buyback soup.
I wonder how many Gen I 3.0 owners intend on driving them until the last moment possible?

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
And how is VW planing to handle branded claims for 3.0 TDI gen 2 PC group?
Will the branded cars that are currently registered, on the road and comply with the Emission Fix.
Will these cars be fixed by VW?

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
So ive followed this thread for many months.. should have asked long time ago. I just dont seem to understand the criteria.
I have 2011 tdi jsw 6m, the history is
5/2015 damage reported
7/2015 title went to insurance comp.
7/2015 vehicle got salvage title
1/8/2016 dealer took title of this vehicle while it was in inventory Rebuilt title issued.
10/2016 I bought the car from dealer, was my daily driver until recently

Does this mean im SOL in buyback? Submitted claims 11/2017
Have all green check marks now but no offer.

Hope someone understands the criteria more than i do.
Thank u
Yohei
Yours seems to be the most clear-cut case for being ineligible, unfortunately. The settlement explicitly states that cars totaled before Sept. 15 2015 and bought back from insurance after that date are ineligible.

yyamad1

TDI
2015 GSW SE 6M x 2
Jibberjive, appreciate your response. I didnt know the criteria when i bought the car, and really i bought it thinking ill keep it and run it. So being ineligible, why have they kept me on hold for 5 months? Not even a fix will be offered? ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Jibberjive, appreciate your response. I didnt know the criteria when i bought the car, and really i bought it thinking ill keep it and run it. So being ineligible, why have they kept me on hold for 5 months? Not even a fix will be offered? ?

Most likely not. Ineligible vehicle means ineligible for anything.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Most likely not. Ineligible vehicle means ineligible for anything.
If I understood it correctly, they might fix it, but you will not get any payment for it. Who knows if you will even get extended warranty

ujames

TDI
YES

Fix will be offered but nothing else

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
IIRC all cars that are on the road are eligible for the fix, just not any payment or restitution of any kind. Just don't have any codes showing when you get there or they will want those fixed before doing the emissions fix. $$$

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Understoond, appreciate u guys response! Ty
Guess ill wait few more weeks till i get a denial email from vw then just sell it on CL...

Why sell it if you bought it to drive it regardless of the settlement terms?

Those of us who bought cars post-fix are eligible for phase2 but won't get any money either--and that is with clean titles.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
IIRC all cars that are on the road are eligible for the fix, just not any payment or restitution of any kind. Just don't have any codes showing when you get there or they will want those fixed before doing the emissions fix. $$$
And they will fix the codes before repairing.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The dealer will fix them? There have been those here who have been turned away from part one of the fix due to codes. How can you blanket say the dealer will fix any existing codes before doing the repair?

yyamad1

TDI
2015 GSW SE 6M x 2
When 2015 started selling again, i bought a GSW 6man and really prefer driving it with kerma tune.
2011 JSW 6man was a rebuild and it also has some codes and check engine light / glow plug always on, i havent had the time to fix it... mpg is good and drives fine, starts in 0deg no problems, i think the accident did break something...
If i was to get a free emission fix, surely the dealer will charge me to all the codes/repairs before hand. So why not just sell it is my thoughts.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Depends on the codes. Could be a no brainer to fix and resell if that is what you want. Running fixed cars always sell for more. Could be a royal headache and best to be done with it.

Nowiser

TDI
2014 Passat
submitted proof of operability per phone discussion with claims rep

this included 10+ pages of receipts and a NH state official inspection completed by a state trooper.

submitted this yesterday, today it gets rejected and am told to contact claims agent. Tonight talking to claims representative on portal through chat they want proof of operability between the dates of 6/3/2016 and 6/28/2016. Her example was a parking ticket with the VIN or receipt for service with the VIN.

anyone else getting this run around ?

Kimberly @ 3/13/18 8:10 PM :
==> Due to the branded title the proof of vehicle operability document during the specified dates is required to show the vehicle's eligibility.
Has anyone successfully navigated this roadblock?

They are asking for the same thing from me. First they asked me to prove it was currently operable so I spent money to take it to a mechanic for an inspection. Now they are saying I need to prove it was operable from Dec. 20, 2015 (date of accident) to June 28, 2016. I asked them to prove it was not, and got no response.

I'm going to keep plugging away and I'll let anyone know if I have success.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I think we all need to start emailing the council again , this above is a typical example of the VW harassment for no good reason , what difference does it make if the car was running than in 2016, the more important is the fact that the car is running now.!!! Someone please re-post the email addresses of the council etc .

Secondly they should provide a some form of a actual proof , that the car was leased and based on that document denied on Buyback or anything else.
Finally who can also get a prove that any restitution or half of it was or will be payed out , if there is not evidence or no website to check , to see if it was payed out to the previous owner? .

Last edited: