AutoX w/ TDI

Polar_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS Golf c/w package silver
I did my first autocross yesterday in my 05 golf TDI. All things considered, I did ok.... I mean, I did run faster then the Saleen Mustang that was out there. But I was the only diesel out there. Does anyone else do autoX in their TDI or just hillclimbs?

TheCheat

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 jetta tdi 5m (227k), 04 jetta wagon 5m (293k)
I autoX, and I love it. My times are consistently faster than the WRXen that run. Mus' be the torque.

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
Formerly 2010 Golf TDI 6M 4dr UGM, 2001 Golf TDI
I autoX, and I love it. My times are consistently faster than the WRXen that run. Mus' be the torque.
I can see how that might be... I have a WRX (wagon) and a Golf TDI
The WRX is tough to motivate without dumping the clutch at 4000+... Doesn't exactly lend itself to the instant response needed for auto-x.

Audiofyl

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 05 indigo blue
I as well did my first auto-x in my 05 tdi golf this past saturday. It was at a large vw gtg in chicago called Treffen. I got beat by about 2 sec by a stock gti 1.8t. My car as well is 100% stock. 1.8t has better powerband around that course and didn't have to shift out of first, not to mention better suspension.

Polar_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS Golf c/w package silver
As far as the STIs that were there(didn't see any regular WRXs) I was a full 2 seconds behind the street prepared STI, but I still smile knowing the street prepared R32 consistantly ran 4+ seconds faster then the STIs.