Buyback dealers in MD

peq

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S 6M
What are the VW dealers that buyback the cars in MD? Or DC area in general?

Are they the same dealers that sell used TDIs?

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Dealers don't buy back the cars, VW buys them back.

The dealers are only the drop off point, and there is no way to know which dealership to go to until your claim is approved through the claims portal.

At the start of the program any authorized VW dealer could be used as a drop off point, but now not all dealers are participating.

peq

TDI
Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't put my question correctly. I meant: which dealers in the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area are participating in the vehicle appointments/drop off.

I saw the other thread about buying your own vehicle and wanted to see if I'd know which dealer I'd be scheduled with before I sign.

In general I'm also trying to figure which VW dealers in the DMV area sell used TDIs. I saw Alexandria VA but maybe there are others.

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
The last step in the process done through the VW portal is you choose a dealer you want to return your car to. Once you choose the dealer you will see the dates available.

Where are you in this process?

I was told that the dealer used in the buy back process get first dibs on buying the car for resale. I talked to the sales manager where I plan on doing the buy back, he didn't know anything about how that works. He was going to look into how it works and get back to me in a couple of days. Haven't heard back two weeks later. They have over 20 "fixed" TDIs on the lot but buy them at auction.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Like I said, there is no way to know which dealer may be available for the drop off / buyback until the portal allows you to schedule the appointment,. then it will give you a list of available dealerships.

peq

TDI
This makes it pretty clear, thanks. I haven't signed the last doc yet, since I'm still hesitating what to do. Gotta make up my mind soon though...

I'm eyeing some used TDIs and I'm eyeing some new GSW S 4motion...

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
This makes it pretty clear, thanks. I haven't signed the last doc yet, since I'm still hesitating what to do. Gotta make up my mind soon though...

I'm eyeing some used TDIs and I'm eyeing some new GSW S 4motion...
Decide now. If you miss the deadline you get nothing.