Shine real street springs

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Whose running them? Are they about factory ride height? I'm looking for something about stock ride height but a little stiffer? Thanks

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
Whose running them?
I have them on my Golf.

Are they about factory ride height?
No, they are at least 1" higher, maybe a bit more.

I'm looking for something about stock ride height but a little stiffer? Thanks
They certainly raise the ride height. I thought they may settle a bit but they are still about the same as when I first installed them. If you are looking for stock ride height or even a bit lowered, they don't do that. However, if you want a good handling car that rides pretty well, they certainly deliver that. I'm running them with Bilstein TC struts & shocks.

If you read up on Dick Shine you will see where he is coming from and why he was a proponent of raising, not lowering a MKIV to get better handling.

I've been busy with other projects so I haven't spent much time on the Golf. I still want to add a bit more front camber and possibly a rear roll bar but the way it is now is pretty good. It's not just the springs, they are only a part of the whole. But I'm impressed with the Real Street springs. The only FWD car I have owned that handled better was a Mini - but you won't find a much better handling car than a Mini anyway. And BTW, I'm not talking about those giant things they sell these days with a Mini badge, I'm referring to a (real) Mini.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
I have them on my 02 wagon. I had to make 1" shims for the rears but that was
because wagon springs (and shocks) are longer from the factory. No problem, though.
They are very good springs. Consider the Shine rear anti-sway bar, too.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
I'm considering them I am running moog springs and don't like them that much. I already have the bfi rear swaybar.