FS: 2001 Jetta TDI

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Hello everyone. I know I have fallen off the face of the earth for a few years and that was more life related than car related. I'm still driving my 01 TDI and have enjoyed my time with it. I recently switched jobs and am full time on the GO Train now, so the diesel engine isn't really needed, nor is it the greatest thing for the engine. Been contemplating a car upgrade for a while and this is the catalyst to set it in motion. Meaning my car is now on the selling block. It is an 01 Jetta sedan in Baltic Green with manual transmission.

267,000km on the clock
Cloth seats (not the velour)
Monsoon sound system & Phatnoise (though the harddrive may be shot...can be replaced)
Upgraded injectors (PP520 on T5 injector bodies)
Rocketchip stage 2/3 (2 on manual mode)
W8 Passat dome light (outside of performance, one of my favourite upgrades)
Upgraded leather shift knob (from VW in europe)
Audi TT pedals/dead pedal plate
Euroswitch (with front and rear fog positions)
Hella Fog lights
DRL wired to turn on amber parking lights and fogs
Wolfsburg alloy rims
CAT fuel filter

Looking to sell the car for $800 obo, but selling as-is.

For the right price, willing to include the following items, otherwise am open to selling separately.

Set of winter tires on Beetle alloys
Stock ECM for 01 - Rocketchip programming blocks the emissions testing, so I swap in the stock ECM for testing purposes
I have a set of drive belt tools from an A3 TDI, but largely work the same (pump pin is different, but I've used a drill bit on the A4)

I'd like to sell the car before the end of August, but the sooner, the better. I'll keep my eye on the thread to answer any questions. Oh, the car is located in Vaughan, near Major Mackenzie and Bathurst.

Thanks!

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Thank you for all the PMs and interest thus far. Car still available, so has been posted on Kijiji. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1291760162&requestSource=b

Kijiji has pics. Rust areas are behind the front mudflaps and for some reason behind the handle on the drivers side rear door. Clearcoat coming off in spots on the hood. Hood lip is solid as it has had a clear film protector on it.

The bad?
Cracked windshield
Original clutch (holds in every day driving, but will slip in 5th and sometimes 4th in heavy acceleration)
Suspension is a number of years old
Wheel bearing started making noise
Brakes - I replaced the rear calipers two years ago, but sounds like they need a bit of work

Didn't mention that it also has home made (Wingnut) short shifter and stealth race pipe.

Timeline on sale has been pushed back a bit. Looking to sell by mid-September, but can hold on to it for a bit longer if needed.

Thanks!

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Thank you everyone for looking. Car was sold. Surprised at the level of interest from people on kijiji (and to be honest the market price of the car). Sold for nearly double what I was asking for on here. Learned a lesson, as I started out this process assuming I'd be getting salvage value for a 16 year old "as-is" vehicle. Sadly, this also ends my 15 years of owning TDIs. Still kings of the open road, but doesn't suit my commuting needs anymore.

Darren_J

Veteran Member
TDI
MK 4 TDI
My old car. A friend very familiar with this vehicle texted me today that it's for sale on Kijiji, which led me here. I hope you enjoyed it over the last 12 years.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
My old car. A friend very familiar with this vehicle texted me today that it's for sale on Kijiji, which led me here. I hope you enjoyed it over the last 12 years.
Darren, it was a great car to me, and I didn't do a heck of a lot of changes to the car beyond how I got it. Age started to simply catch up to it, and it was time for something new. Miss the old car from time to time, but bought myself something else to put a lot of smiles on my face. More frequent returns to the pump, but I can't win them all.