2005 Golf TDI, FL, Gray, manual, 1.9 L Diesel I4, $4000 OBO

thatgraygolf

TDI
VW Golf 2005
FOR SALE - can't edit post title

Hello, I did read the forum sticky re: selling posts, but please kindly let me know if I've overlooked anything. Yes, I'm new here, but I had no reason to hang out on these forums until now. My mom, another TDI enthusiast and previous owner of this car, brought these forums to my attention. It's just more evidence that TDIs are effing adored. I know I'm in love. But alas. I must move on.

My REASON FOR SELLING is the purchase of a 2019 Jetta SEL Premium (holy sh*, you guys). I didn’t even consider any other make, because I love THIS CAR so much. But I don’t need 2 cars. I am not in a hurry, but I would rather get this out of my driveway and on the road like it wants to be. I start it regularly and drive it around to make sure it stays exercised while waiting to be sold.

ALL FILES, including video of underbody: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SCjbY5ibG4D4lIJ9-iuXV317aDAF_yBC

PHOTOS:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10d6zxirGPBcnjkryfaa_5gSPYxp9D53q

CARFAX:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SCjbY5ibG4D4lIJ9-iuXV317aDAF_yBC
(I do not know when the timing belt was serviced, but it may be in the Carfax or recorded at "Action Auto Imports" in St Pete (who apparently failed to report any work to Carfax - I can visually inspect it for you, if you'd like).

2005 Golf TDI needs a loving new home.
It's a manual 5-speed transmission, with unheard-of MPG, 4 doors, sweet little tricks and configurations (There’s maybe as much space as the bed of a conservatively-loaded F150 in here, or 2 overloaded IKEA carts including a 4-foot foot houseplant.), anti-theft system, heated seats and heated driver's side view mirror, and sunroof, with some cosmetic damage and small-change repairs necessary (See photos).

One respondent to my FB ad called her "a unicorn." Two others have almost literally drooled over this particular year, model and color. They just weren't in the market for a car purchase.

It is FOR SALE: $4000 or BEST OFFER.

Detailed photos are available, including any and all cosmetic damage, maintenance history (to the best of my ability), and any mechanical issues and a clear video of the undercarriage. Sold as-is.

The glove compartment’s latch is broken; what you see in the photos is NOT an airbag deployment. Carfax can attest to no accidents or air bag deployment.

Brand new battery.
The E-brake sensor is tripped, so it thinks it's engaged and it beeps. You will want to fix that asap.

Please see Carfax info below.

These may be petty details, but I'm including a Sylvania Headlight Restoration Kit to de-fog your headlights, retail value $19.99. The spare tire and jack are intact, the owner's manual is included, you can hook up your phone with a standard headphone jack to a tape that plays through the deck (included). CD player. Random leaves. Smells like nothing.

Super.

Fun.

To.

Drive.

I had a dream that I was driving it; it becomes such a part of you.

Call or text my Google number: 727-344-9116 (It will sound strange - I believe you need to state your name)
Email me: waverush@hotmail.com

KBB: https://www.kbb.com/volkswagen/golf/2005/#survey

207,375 miles and each one of them was awesome.

Note on photos: Any liquid on the ground is because it had just been washed 5 minutes earlier.

Year: 2005
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 9BWGR61JX54003900
Mileage: 207375
Body Type: Hatchback
Make: Volkswagen
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Model:
Golf
Vehicle Title: Clear
Trim: GLS Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Sunroof
Engine: 1.9 L Diesel I4
Safety Features: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags
Drive Type: FWD
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
Fuel Type: Diesel Exterior Color: Gray
For Sale By: Private Seller Interior Color: Gray
Disability Equipped: No Number of Cylinders: 4
Drive Side: Left-hand drive
Transmission: Manual

PHOTOS:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10d6zxirGPBcnjkryfaa_5gSPYxp9D53q

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Truly nice car! Any rust? Saw the carfax saying maryland and NY......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Yup I saw it how about under body? My 2014 JSW was from NJ and had some rust. Now I live in Central FL and I definitely am drooling on yours. Im kicking myself in the arse for selling 2003 ALH Jetta gold wagon few months back. :(

thatgraygolf

TDI
VW Golf 2005
It would be VERY cool to work on this car, but that's just not a life priority for me. That's why I hope someone VERY cool buys it, ha.

Yup I saw it how about under body? My 2014 JSW was from NJ and had some rust. Now I live in Central FL and I definitely am drooling on yours. Im kicking myself in the arse for selling 2003 ALH Jetta gold wagon few months back. :(

thatgraygolf

TDI
VW Golf 2005
This car hasn't been sold yet - This year has been ROUGH and the car has taken a seat all the way in the back. I lost 2 interested parties, thanks to personal emergencies. My fault.

It needs to find a new home immediately. Unsure how to edit the thread title; I am asking $3000 OR BEST OFFER.

Thank you!

thatgraygolf

TDI
VW Golf 2005
cutting my losses

I just haven't had the time to sell this car, and people seem very interested and then disappear. At the moment, it will not start because the alternator needs to be replaced.

My options:

• Have it towed and donated, for maybe 1/3 value (if I'm lucky).
  • Have the alternator fixed so a buyer can start it and drive it away.

I'm done with this ordeal, and it's embarrassing to have an inactive car sitting in my driveway.