First Saturday HO5G GTG

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
OK Here Goes! The HO5G will start the 2008 season with a GTG on Saturday Jan 5th, 2008.
We know it is short notice but perhaps you can remember the 60 degree weather we had.......

The HO5G TDI fleet is now operational so there will be garage space available.

KEEP WATCH for UPDATES> REMEBER it will be slippppery BE CAREFUL. I will try to keep the ice salted & sanded..
HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the towns coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G he will be glad to accept your contributions.
We’d like to see a few changes in our GTG format– actually we’d like to see a return to the way GTGs used to be back in 2004-2005. EVERYONE is still welcome... but please note:
#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you’ve been here doesn’t necessarily mean we know you! You'll be required to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!
#2 – Food
No more mid-GTG food runs! No one should have to leave the GTG to shop for you! This is not directed at those 2-3 newbie’s who approached me last time and told me they did not know what to bring. We had to go out and buy food for waaay more than 3 people!
Please watch for a food thread. We will post a list of suggestions – please watch for this and PARTICIPATE! If you don’t bring something, don’t expect to eat something! It seems everyone has come to expect a certain few to 'carry' the food - chicken satay, steak & turkey tips and burgers n bunz come to mind. It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a preapproved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI, Jolly Green Giant) club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.
Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids!
ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT!
{Rocketchip is on the RC calendar for HO5G a tentative.
note the RC master planner needs to send approval. PLEEEEZZZE Mrs. RC)

Hi,
I'm hoping to come visit this great event. I'll bring tuning tools and maybe Oliver. Anyone have snowmobiles and trail permits? I'll bring my gear just in case

Happy new year.
Jeff

(A word about chip tuning – If your car is not in near perfect running condition (i.e. – has no fault codes, is not exhibiting limp mode or other bizarre behavior) don’t necessarily plan on getting a chip! Chipping significantly changes the way your car runs. Cars generally must be healthy first before turning them into performance machines. Again, this is at Rocketchip’s discretion.)}

We apologize for having to spell out GTG format, but lately it seems that more people come (which we love), but less food shows up (and we run out.) Also people seem to think the Hamster & I can get up early, stay up late AND have a full cleaning crew at our disposal. Friends, this is our HOME. We say it every time, but this time we emphasize it. We enjoy opening our home and garages to you. All we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return.
Also we have a relatively shallow well for water and fluid spills are unacceptable.
Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG...
Need food:
Bring your tools & to do lists.

PeterV & Hamsterdiesel

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
WOOT! I'm clearly in. Is Jeff coming? I've got three ECUs that need his attention.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Yayy!! What a way to start a year! :D

Krappy had a quick 600+ run out to Sadexcuse and let us know that the $300 GLX can wait. Maybe we can tandem up--they both need the same stuff.

After the new year? Good! Jon can bring the Turdle! :)

Doug71

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd
Where in is H05G Located (how far from Albany)? I think I am actually off that weekend. So I can find doctor in the house and do some much wanted mods with some help and oversight? YAY I am so there if you will have me.

Thanks,

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Doug71 said:
Where in is H05G Located (how far from Albany)? I think I am actually off that weekend. So I can find doctor in the house and do some much wanted mods with some help and oversight? YAY I am so there if you will have me.

Thanks,
The town is listed in the first post, google maps is your friend!

Hmmm.... This changes everything. Now I need to think about taking the day off. Although I'll most likly need to skip out and pick up my dad at Logan about half way through.

Rok. Me loves the HO5G GTG.

NHVFR

TDI
2013 Jetta sport wagon. 2004 Passat Wagon
Cool...I'm just down the road in Peterborough. I do hope that Jeff will be there. I have an 04 Passat Wagon that I really want to juice up a bit.

IBW...I'm the guy that wants the Shine suspension for my step son's A4 that you recommended. I may get this ordered next week and get hand delivery if possible?

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
happy news. I need to do some shuffling around and I might be driving a a new kick-ass wagon - well new to me, well not completely new to me....but anyway, Chill might still have the boost-impaired white wagon; but I'll try to drop by. Thanks P&J.

Last edited:

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
Whoo hooo! I might make this one.... and without any car work that really needs to get done! I am willing to help others like normal but I cant lift or push anything over 5lbs this trip...

Also did I mention I have been brewing 110 gallons of hard cider in my basement? It matured today :):) That and I have some grapa and a few other treats... Anyone up for brew trading?

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
In! yay! :D

and I don't even think I have any projects to get done as of right now... even better.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
MikeS_18 said:
happy news. I need to do some shuffling around and I might be driving a a new kick-ass wagon - well new to me, well not completely new to me....but anyway, Chill might still have the boost-impaired white wagon; but I'll try to drop by. Thanks P&J.
I'm trying to follow...

...do you have 2 wagons now?:confused:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I do. But don't get too excited. the second one is a family beater that I used while the dirty white wagon was being repaired - bodywise. Now it needs repair, boostwise. And it's going to Chill on the 3rd.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Well, come on... details... A4 or B4?

Inquiring minds and all...

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Yes you do...;)
Dare I ask... and does it entail me arriving at HO5G at an ungodly hour in order to get it done?

(ungodly for me = before noon)

(I like these surprise upgrade projects... :p)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Will there be food? Socializing? and, best of all, etc.?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
BlueCTTDi said:
Dare I ask... and does it entail me arriving at HO5G at an ungodly hour in order to get it done?

(ungodly for me = before noon)

(I like these surprise upgrade projects... :p)
It depends on whether I can pressure Jeff to get RC4 ready for your car. Then you need a hybrid, don't you think?

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
hmm... well this can be rationalized as a safety upgrade, right? I mean the extra power helps manueverability and such.. absolutely essential for highway driving. It's a no-brainer... right... RIGHT? ;)

Doug71

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd
Varkias said:
The town is listed in the first post, google maps is your friend!

Hmmm.... This changes everything. Now I need to think about taking the day off. Although I'll most likly need to skip out and pick up my dad at Logan about half way through.

Rok. Me loves the HO5G GTG.
Bye the way Originally posted it did not have the town in the post. It was not added till after I asked. But thank you for letting me know that he added it.

Thanks,

spool time

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 A5 / 2000 A4 TDI
I'm going to check my work schedule, to see if I can come and socialize. I have a set of HIDs to install, but that may be a big project that I'm not ready for. Unless of course there are some people that just dying to help me install the "dynalook" HIDs to see how they look...

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Man, such a killer day for me :( :( :( We are having our belated christmas party for work that day.

It would almost be perfectly timed for the bus's maiden voyage. Would have been last weekend but I had some seriously leaking brake parts.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
based on the brainpower that is coming and the lack of their own things to work on, you probably can easily find someone to help you install HIDs.