The 500k club!!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Massachusetts is some kind of hybrid no-fault state, where if you're rear-ended the other driver is always at fault, and their insurance has to pay whether you have collision or not.

The windshields for MKIV cars are "going obsolete" from VW, according to my dealer. The '99.5's was sent from Germany. And there aren't any more Sekurits around either. I'm going to order one for my wagon as back-up.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Don't all states and provinces have that? If the at fault driver has insurance and you can get his company to pay.

Cause I don't know I went to wikipedia-
In its broadest sense, no-fault insurance is any type of insurance contract under which insureds are indemnified for losses by their own insurance company, regardless of fault
Massachusetts does have no fault "Quantitative threshold" $2000 threshold, whatever the heck that means.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Oh it is totally her fault, but that doesn't mean they'll think my car is worth anything, certainly not what I value it as (if someone offered me $8k, I wouldn't take it).

So I am going to get rear ended twice.... still waiting to hear back though. The Geico (her insurance co.) guy seemed shocked that the car was still on the road. Moron. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the discussion I had with the adjuster over the famous Lightning Golf a few years back. :p

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
It appears that only 1 car with a PD engine has made it ton500k miles. Is the ALH the best engine to achieve this milestone? My goal was 1 million miles on the wagon but that will not happen. Now I will have to play catch-up with my sedan.

whawker

TDI
'10 Sportwagen TDI 6spd used to have '03 Jetta TDI wagon
TA DAAA!!

Turned 600K last weekend. Primary props to Robby Plenge in previous years, Lance Allen more recently, and regular changes of full synthetic oil...