Part Question - Rack and Pinion

DeanOusterhout

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, sold the 2000 golf and jetta
Hello all,

Thanks for the help, in advance. I need a rack and Pinion for my 2000 golf tdi and the vw part number is iJ1422075Ex. When I search for internet parts, I do not find references to this part number?

And, many of the sites that sell the supposed part talk about "Variable Ratio Steering" or not "Variable Ratio Steering".

Does anyone know which one is correct for my golf?

Do you recommend changing the tie bar ends while I am at it?

Thanks,
Dean

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
This? ID Parts
You can use their part number for search.
Often parts list want info that doesn't even apply to your model. And be careful with any ebay or Amazon stuff.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
This? ID Parts
You can use their part number for search.
Often parts list want info that doesn't even apply to your model. And be careful with any ebay or Amazon stuff.
They should teach that warning in school as well as don't buy Chinese parts.....................

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
No Chinese garbage and if you go the rebuild route make sure the key way on the splined shaft at the top where the steering wheel column fastens is in exactly the same position as the old one you take out.

On a 2000 you don’t have variable speed anything, some cars in those days still had crank windows.