WTB: b5 tdi 4motion swap (or allroad, or....)

snickell

TDI
b5.5v
WTB: B5/C5 TDI with 4motion/quattro

Freeway just ate my B5.5 tdi wagon while moving states :eek: Certainly not worth repairing if it was a gasser, will have to run the numbers and see if the insurance properly values a super nice condition deletekitted B5.5v. :confused:

So.... I'm Looking for another TDI wagon. But in particular, I'm moving onto a dirt road, and would //really// love to find a TDI swapped into a VW/Audi wagon with 4motion/quattro, and/or the rough road suspension. :D :D :D

snickell

TDI
b5.5v
Related notes: anyone have advice on dealing with insurance claim adjusters about these cars? Anyone know TDI mechanics in Sacramento area who could help me assess recoverability of engine?

I really don't want the engine to go to a waste an a minimuum, even if car not worth repairing. I unfortunately know very little about collisions and what sorts of damage (hidden or otherwise) these cars/engines take in them. Was rear-ended by high speed while I was almost stopped into a pickup in front of me, and the pickup took a nasty bite out of the front of my wagon.

Unfortunately accident occurred far from where I have housing (moving states :p) and I was semi-in-shock when I left car, and took really crappy pictures of the damage. Its certainly more than just radiator damage, at a min something bit into the timing belt housing, and I'm noticing oil dripping from the back of the engine which doesn't seem like a great sign.

Any advice, even vague, appreciated.

magnumak

TDI
2004 Passat wagon
my daughters 2004 wagon totaled by ins co Last year. Not perfect for sure before wreck. About a 6 out of 10 both interior and body. No dents but fading paint and some rust. Wreck caused Front end damage to bumper/ radiator. They offered her 3k at first. She persisted through two levels of management showing invoice I had of work done. Delete, tune mounts and a few other things totaling about 3k. They settled on 6k and she bought back for 1k. Car had 260k on it. I put it back together for another grand in parts.

purchased car originally with 230k miles in w Virginia for 4k about 4 years earlier.

good luck with negotiations. It took her a couple months to get that settlement. Their plan seems to be to frustrate you with delays probably cause most folks need a car right away and the settlement is needed to move on, thus the low ball starting point.