2004 Jetta BEW/5 Speed $1700 Oregon

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
2004 Jetta BEW/5 Speed $1200 Oregon

Lost a turbo going up a hill leading into Pasco, Washington. By the time I got pulled over after coasting into town, it sounded like I had a straight piped boxer engine. Turbo went, and sent shrapnel through the intake (verified by pulling intake hose leading into intake manifold). Chuffing sound from intake while idling (for a very short period of time, I wont run it in its condition). It does have a strong knock song, which could be from the bottom end, but I can't tell. It will probably need a complete rebuild.
Car has 260K miles on it. Straight piped, TDTuning stage 1 tune, which probably lead to the demise of the stock turbo. In the last 10K miles it got a new Tandem pump, in tank lift pump, and starter (I think it was a rebuilt bosch, from Bora). Suspension was stock, as was steering. Still drove fine, but you could tell it was starting to loosen up. Tires are about 70% tread, and are cheapo's mounted on steel wheels. Interior is in alright condition for the age, no rips in the seats. Headliner fabric was pulled off because I was tired of it sagging (literally a week before the turbo went!), cloth is separating from the door cards. Glove box has broken tabs, and handle, and is closed via magnets. Center arm rest was MIA when I got the car at 160K miles. Exterior shows its age, but paint/clear coat looks ok. Cracked windshield, but I kept driving it anyways.
It does have a SBC stage 2 Endurance clutch/solid flywheel. 5 speed shifts fantastic.
I was thinking about swapping in an ALH I had, but I just don't want to start another project. $1700 and you get a fixable car and or a parts car for a 5 speed swap plus other parts. Clean Oregon title in hand. $1700 OBO, trades might be welcome, I also like boom sticks, but cash talks...
Contact Justin at 503 551 8664 via call or text. If I dont get any reasonable offers soon I'll start parting it out.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Sorry to see an ALH bite the dust. :(

For that kind of money for a parts car with a blown engine, you should post up some pretty pictures of high value items.

GLWS!

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Keeping it, can close thread.

Turbo is fine (guess when I looked at it it appeared as though the intake came off the turbo, but it didn't). Ate #4 exhaust lifter and cam lob. Cam was worn as heck everywhere else.

BTW, I was going to take $1250 for it, but decided to fix it. Reference price for others.