Strong vibrate After DMF Flywheel has been changed

pp70127

TDI
2006 Jetta SE
2006 Jetta TDI DSG Automatic
It has 200000 KM right now.:)
The Flywheel was replaced 1 day ago at local mechanic, using Luk DMF092.
The tranny fluid is clean.

Problem is When i start the car(warm up already), when gear was changing automatically 1 >2, 2>3, 3>4, a strong vibrate:eek:(i want to use the word shaking) appear. Talked to the mechanic and he said its the breaking period, the new flywheel needs time to be smooth. Ran 100 km already tonight, the problem still here.
freak and mike
Update(12/12): the problem only happen when the gear is low (1,2,3). The shaking/jerking/hammering is more noticeable after the temp. gets higher.
Wondering is it normal ?:confused:

Please save my life, this is my first TDI, have no idea what's wrong or right.

Last edited:

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
You, sir, have just been delivered a huge pile of steaming dung! Something is wrong. Very wrong! And since the last item to be changed was the flywheel it only stands to reason that the flywheel is the first place to look. Sort of like finding a lost item... It will always be in the last place you look.

My guess? Possibly (unlikely) a bad flywheel. More likely an improper install. The situation will not get better.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I'm not sure how you could install a DMF on a DSG car wrong, but then I see how people screw things up on these cars all the time that I didn't think possible.

I'd have him take another look at it, maybe something like the roll mount got left loose or a fastener broke or something.

James & Son

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Review the procedure here of disassembly. The standard 5 speed shows the dog bone( same on DSG) or as Oil hammer calls it the roll mount. This will cause shake if left off or loose. The function is to counter torque.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/thread...g-transmission-to-replace-dmf-flywheel.12900/

Edit : from the proceedure you see that the drivers side transmission or motor mount could also be loose and maybe this is also what could be referred to as a roll mount as well. Not wanting to second guess oil hammer just trying to calm this poor soul.

Last edited:

pp70127

TDI
2006 Jetta SE
Review the procedure here of disassembly. The standard 5 speed shows the dog bone( same on DSG) or as Oil hammer calls it the roll mount. This will cause shake if left off or loose. The function is to counter torque.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/thread...g-transmission-to-replace-dmf-flywheel.12900/

Edit : from the proceedure you see that the drivers side transmission or motor mount could also be loose and maybe this is also what could be referred to as a roll mount as well. Not wanting to second guess oil hammer just trying to calm this poor soul.
i wish you are in toronto or markham, i clicked into your link and checked the dog bone, its good atm. I talked to the mechanic once more today, he ask me to change the transmission oil.....which i dont think will cause this problem. its winter now, FML. Still thanks for your guess, sir.

Update(12/12): the problem only happen when the gear is low (1,2,3). The shaking/jerking/hammering is more noticeable after the temp. gets higher.
Wondering is it normal ?

Last edited:

pp70127

TDI
2006 Jetta SE
I'm not sure how you could install a DMF on a DSG car wrong, but then I see how people screw things up on these cars all the time that I didn't think possible.
I'd have him take another look at it, maybe something like the roll mount got left loose or a fastener broke or something.
well, what can i say......:(

James & Son

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
i wish you are in toronto or markham, i clicked into your link and checked the dog bone, its good atm. I talked to the mechanic once more today, he ask me to change the transmission oil.....which i dont think will cause this problem. its winter now, FML. Still thanks for your guess, sir.

Wondering is it normal ?
Check the dog bone by jacking the car on the drivers side. The rock cover covers it a little but check to see if the rubber insert is okay and not buggered up. You possibly can even do the check with a mirror. The rubber insert can easily be destroyed due to it bonding( age related) and requiring force to remove when the DMF was put in. Edit: the dog bone bonds to the rubber insert and when twisted distroys the rubber isert

Last edited:

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I had my DMF changed on my 06 with the same one as yours, but there where never any vibrations. Definitely something is not right, and need to be checked. I might be wrong, but I think the DMF is coming with TTY (torque to yield) bolts. I'm taking a guess and say those were not torqued to specs. Changing the transmission oil is not gonna change anything.

Last edited:

VDUB TECH

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI , Audi TT TDI Q , 2013 Touareg TDI , 2006 Jetta TDI
Ive seen dmf installs where they didnt line the left mount up properly causing noise and vibration.Or the lower mount is damaged somehow , perhaps they heated up the bolt and damaged the rubber bushing in the subframe?

muhibmc

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously > 2006 Jetta TDI BRM 5MT [Silver], 2000 Jetta TDI ALH 5MT [Blue] , 2005.5 Jetta BRM DSG [Grey]
I would suggest a dsg adaptation...