Follow my 2003 ALH Project!

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
I'm going to try and make it, gotta get my clutch, map,maf and some other stuff, then maybe rc5.

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Joe TDI said:
Not yet.... hopefully next week we'll be able to get it done... I wanna get it installed and broken in before New England Dyno Day 8.....

After that, new OEM cam & lifters, an oil change, fuel filter, and I need to replace my fuel return lines....
I installed my new DC Stage III+ clutch over Labor Day Week. See here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=223085&page=8

I wanted to get the clutch in well ahead of the NE Dyno Day to break it in.

Joe - Your FMIC and piping look great. What brand of FMIC did you use? Was it hard to install? Did you do the piping work yourself? Can't wait to see it in person in Oct.

Any thoughts about bumping up to RC6? You would have to get a new license plate.:D

Last edited:

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
Ebay kit, cxracing, 99jettatdi installed, 3" piping, pretty sweet right...I've got the same one, with 2 1/4" piping, installed myself in about 3 hours my first mod did it all for under $200 shipped.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
rocketeer928 said:
Any thoughts about bumping up to RC6? You would have to get a new license plate.:D
Well I'd need some more hardware first... like a PD150 bottom end....lol

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
rocketeer928 said:
Ok, I have my car up in Braintree Mass at MR Chill's shop.... Integrated Engineering rifled connecting rods, ceramic coated pistons, ported head, R520 nozzles, and RC6 is all happening to my car right now.... I will be picking it up on Dec 5th and immediately bringing it to NEDD8!!

And the "RC6 TDI" lisence plates are in the mail....LoL. Then I'll be all done with the car.... for the winter anyway!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'll have to stop up and visit. My build isn't going to happen until Spring.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
gte824j said:
Joe !
Your are insane man! Sounds awesome. I can't wait to see this thing run at NEDD.
Dude Vic, we all drivin up together? I wanted to assemble a little NY/NJ crew of TDI's to drive up... Maybe Delvi would like to join? I am riding up with Jason as of right now.... Worst case scenario, I drive my girls 2.sl0w Jetta up, and drive my TDI home!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Joe TDI said:
Dude Vic, we all drivin up together? I wanted to assemble a little NY/NJ crew of TDI's to drive up... Maybe Delvi would like to join? I am riding up with Jason as of right now.... Worst case scenario, I drive my girls 2.sl0w Jetta up, and drive my TDI home!
dude... there will be no 2.slow driving up there... if anything I'll want you to drive the new addition up there so I can get it chipped as well as the animal dynoed.. it's an auto though...

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Joe TDI said:
sure why not:D

Let me know where.

gte824j

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Joe TDI said:
Yeah man. NY/NJ caravan. Another guy in Poughkeepsie, Ed w/ silver tdi wagon is down too. I met him at PigFest II. Good guy.

I PM'd Jay already. Basically, I'll join you guys at Exit 6 on I-84. Ed will join at Exit 13 - Fishkill Hess Station. Going to be ridic !

damn. 2.0 ownage. poor thing. haha.

Last edited:

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
gte824j said:
Yeah man. NY/NJ caravan. Another guy in Poughkeepsie, Ed w/ silver tdi wagon is down too. I met him at PigFest II. Good guy.

I PM'd Jay already. Basically, I'll join you guys at Exit 6 on I-84. Ed will join at Exit 13 - Fishkill Hess Station. Going to be ridic !

damn. 2.0 ownage. poor thing. haha.
What time would this train be pulling out of the Port station? I was planing on going solo, but might be interested in joining a Jett-avan.

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
TDIJetta99 said:
We still haven't quite figured that out yet.. I want to get up there early since I have one to dyno and one to get chipped..
My original plan was to leave Milford @ 5:00 AM and have breakfast when I get there :)

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
Thanks for mentioning me Vic. I'm looking forward to driving with you guys. As Vic mentioned I can wait at the I84 exit 13 Fishkill. The Hess is sort of at the EZ off EZ on location on right hand side when you come of the ramp. I'm pretty flexible with the start time. thanks! ~ed

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
ChippedNotBroken said:
My original plan was to leave Milford @ 5:00 AM and have breakfast when I get there :)
hmmm... Hey Joe, can you be at my house around 0515? we'll end up meeting Vic around 0545, and be up near exit 13 around 0615 or so...

I think I'll post a thread in the eastern section about driving up there..

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
I would love to roll in the pack but I think I sould take the norther route, see you fella there though.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, take it easy on me guys, I'm not taking the 2.sl0w!

LOL.... NOT taking the 2.sl0w... I'll be driving Jason's stock 2004 Jetta TDI PD to get chipped at Dyno day as he will be in his 99.5 ALH beast.... I'll be picking my car up at chills shop and going straight to dyno day with it.

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes it's a Diesel said:
You thinking about putting a more aggressive cam in your car at some point? I'm still not sure what gains are made with them, but at your stage in modding it couldn't hurt could it? :cool:
There may just be some upgraded cams being tested in my car very soon.... or even as we speak:eek:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
- VNT17/22 - R520's - 11mm IP - PD LiftPump - 2.5" RacePipe - PD150 IM - 3" OMI - VR6 Airbox & MAF - 3 Bar MAP - FMIC w/2.5" piping - 2.5" Turboback Exhaust - SBC Stage 3 clutch - IE Rods - Coated Pistons - Ported Head -"

Your car is gonna rock with all that mojo ........ Can't wait to see the dyno! As soon as my head gets here, I will be following in your footsteps. When are you gonna dyno her?

TDIJetta99 said:
stupid things.. the stock upper intercooler pipe won't fit the 2.5" PD150 racepipe, ........
I was able to fit mine but she was way tight ......... Notice the stretch

EDIT- Just measured to be sure and my racepipe is only 2.25" OD and not 2.5" OD. I stand corrected. it would be pretty hard to stretch it further than this.

TDIJetta99 said:
stupid things.. the stock upper intercooler pipe won't fit the 2.5" PD150 racepipe, ........

Last edited: