bhw audi b7 conversion ecu's ????

maniaq

TDI
tdi 2000
hi guys, i've started my conversion 2 wweks ago, this is only the beginning, here in canada it's very cold so i this wwek end i'm trying to figure out what should i do with harness and ecu. maybe some of you can help me to take the better option.
option 1: take the bhw ecu 038906016r (edc16u31)and get the immo delete, and the other module (abs,cluster etc) recode, and the manual software recode,

option 2: here i have a dec15+ecu, p/n 038906019gs coming from b5 passat 1,9 tdi with the harness. so take this ecu immo delete and once again got the other module recode, i'm not sure but i think edc15+ have CAN. and tune to get the correct fuel map for 2.0 engine.

option 3: a have a bew ecu p/n 038906016h (edc16u31) once again immo delete, and run the bhw engine harness. get a tuner to get the 2.0 fuel map, switch the vgt from electronic to vacuum. ( i think this way will cost me more $ of tuning).

i google it many time and i see a lot of contradictory informations. i want to go with the cheaper way, i think it's the first one. i know the car will run without the manual software.

for option 2 i'm not sure for the CAN compability.

all your input will be appreciated.
thanks to all of you.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
I would think option 1 would be your best bet. I would suggest talking with Mike at TDTUNING and getting him to program for you. He has helped me a bunch with my BHW into a A6(C5) and AllRoad conversions

stp359

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 4motion tdi 6speed
On my passat 4motion BHW I used my original ECU and Alex from MRtuning was able to remove the TCU code.

adphil

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 a4 b7 quattro bhw swapped, 2003 lifted Jetta Wagon Alh , 1983 mercedes om 617 4speed manual
i did mine with the ecu form the passat, mecanique evolution adapted it , recoded it and chipped it

Last edited:

JDM_dieselwagon

TDI
2006 Audi A4 BHW swap, 2003 Jetta ALH, 2002 Ram Cummins
i did mine with the ecu form the passat, mecanique evolution adapted it , recoded it and chipped it
Does cruise control work doing it this way? I'm still trying to figure out what ecu for my b7 a4 BHW swap.

JDM_dieselwagon

TDI
2006 Audi A4 BHW swap, 2003 Jetta ALH, 2002 Ram Cummins
Cruise will not work that way. I just bought the ECU you need for $67 on ebay. I got the harness you need last Saturday for $150. Less TDIclub, more ebay... :)
I've been scanning ebay regularly for the harness and haven't seen one come up yet.. I even have the search "saved" to notify me when one comes up and have gotten nothing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but thanks for the heads up!