2010 VW TDI Cup Edition

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition. $6,000.00 173,000 Miles. This one has the "Thunderbunny" front end, spoiler, 6 speed transmission, ground effects body kit all from the factory. My Jetta has a new clutch (with flywheel), brakes, Michelin tires, fluids changed recently, RNS 510 with GPS. The Jetta has a Malone Stage 2 tune, DPF delete, and stainless steel exhaust installed by AARodriguez in Atlanta, which increased both Horsepower and Torque, while achieving 45-50 MPG. It is a truly fun car to drive. I will let the tuner go with it, which doubles as a code reader.
I bought it in January 2016 to drive and I have. I have also maintained it as if I were going to keep it forever, so no butcher modifications. Everything has been completed by people who do this as their job. And quite simply, I do not drive the car much any longer and am ready to move it on to a new owner. The condition is excellent for its age and mileage. It has the usual scuffs that come with being 10 years old and the mileage, but make no mistake, it is a beautiful car.
If interested, contact me directly @thomasbruns@att.net. I will email you pictures. I live in Birmingham, AL and can meet you to look at the car if you wish.
This is not spam. I am truly trying to sell this car to someone who knows what it is. These are getting harder to find, especially the adult driven ones with the ability to maintain it properly. Ill post pictures under the photos forum under my username.
Thanks

[/IMG]

Last edited:

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
More than how much, how many miles, what issues do you have with it...there's a how to for posting pics...if you wanna sell it, it helps to have specifics like mileage and what needs to be addressed and seeing is believing...pics help sell a car

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
You guys are correct. Looking for $8000.00. 173,000 miles. Two door dings and a few rock chips. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 10 year old car.

Last edited:

mckpat03

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
Oh man. This is so tempting. And priced better than I was expecting it to be. I've missed my cup car every day since I sold it. I also had a black one, deleted and such.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Drool!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
DO WANT! Good luck with your sale. Someone should snap this up, but you are competing in a tough market.

I wonder how many of these are left? And yours has the proper number of pedals to boot!

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
I am biased of course, but I have owned 4 TDI's. A 2004 Golf, an 06 Jetta, a 12 Jetta, and this 2010 Cup Edition. This is far and away the best car I have owned and, to me, the best year. This car is amazing in every way. I have maintained this car as if I were going to keep it forever, which is the reason I kept it and did not accept the buyback offer from VW, which was insanely generous. I truly do not drive it any more and need to buy a truck since we purchased a rental property.

Anyhow, I thought it would sell quicker, but I am patient.

Thanks for looking.

oilhammer

TDI
Cup edition aside, I would also say 2010 is the best year. 2009s had some one year quirks, and 2011 was the change to the cheapened NCS. So 2010 Jetta sedans are the last year of the "Golf with a trunk".

mckpat03

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
I agree with you guys. I thought my 2010 felt much better and I enjoyed it more than my MKVI.

Last edited:

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
I lowered the price to $7,500.00. If any of you know of anyone looking for an amazing car at a steal of a price, please send them my way.

Thanks.

oilhammer

TDI
Oh man... you are making me want to make another poor life choice, LOL....

Only if I didn't already have 12 cars at my house. Or is it 13? :p Wait, do tractors count? :eek:

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
if it would have been posted for sale two months ago I would be flying to Alabama right now....good luck on the sale.

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
So I am asking $7500 for the car and it has been viewed over 700 times and no one has made an offer. Mt question for the group is what is a good price for the car? Clearly by the number of views the car is popular and you would be hard pressed to find another Jetta as mechanically sound as this one, especially one of the few Cup Editions out there any longer. I truly thought it would sell or at least get some offers. For my benefit, why isn’t it selling?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
As oilhammer wrote, you're selling in a tough market. Folks can buy a fixed CR TDI with half the miles for similar, or less money. With an emissions warranty. The question is, how much is the Cup Edition worth compared to a non-cup Jetta? Hard to say. And the deletes may be seen as a negative in some areas, where states do emissions testing. That limits the buying audience.

This is an unusual car, needs the right buyer. Someone may well come along. Good luck with the sale.

thomasbruns

TDI
2010 TDI Cup
As oilhammer wrote, you're selling in a tough market. Folks can buy a fixed CR TDI with half the miles for similar, or less money. With an emissions warranty. The question is, how much is the Cup Edition worth compared to a non-cup Jetta? Hard to say. And the deletes may be seen as a negative in some areas, where states do emissions testing. That limits the buying audience.

This is an unusual car, needs the right buyer. Someone may well come along. Good luck with the sale.
Those are good points and I appreciate the feedback. Alabama is unique in that there is no emissions testing. The irony is during the buy-back, VW offered me 4K more than I paid for the car and I clearly turned it down. Oh well, live and learn. I would like to get 6K out of the car. Any takers? KBB as the high private party value at $7,100.00. Ill take 6K.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So I am asking $7500 for the car and it has been viewed over 700 times and no one has made an offer. Mt question for the group is what is a good price for the car? Clearly by the number of views the car is popular and you would be hard pressed to find another Jetta as mechanically sound as this one, especially one of the few Cup Editions out there any longer. I truly thought it would sell or at least get some offers. For my benefit, why isn’t it selling?
If I didn't have a baby on the way and will be needing an SUV, I'd be on it like a chicken on a June bug, I'm kinda surprised nobody has jumped on it either... there's no emissions required here, and getting rid of the DPF/EGR/SCR would have been one of the first things I would have done.
Good luck with selling!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

03 shaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Something else that makes this car a harder sell is TDI buyers in general. This is just my opinion of course but it seems like people that buy TDIs don't buy a different one every year or two. So most people that want one, already have one. Especially for as long as the buyback cars have been for sale.

But it's a super cool TDI. Like others have said, super small market for it though. But whoever ends up with it will have a good one.

I'd love to have it the way it's setup, but I can't justify 2 TDIs :(

oilhammer

TDI
And as if summoned by some higher power, my 2004 Passat decided to flag a torque converter DTC yesterday. I think it is trying to tell me something...

I assume this Jetta has never seen salt?

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
I would try posting on vwvortex for sale classifieds if you have not,....

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
Haven't kept up with the cars fs last couple weeks... Just saw OH sold his listing, was wondering which one's next. Now I know!

Won't be long at this price, tag you're it.

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
>> I assume this Jetta has never seen salt?

I lived near bham for a while, through a couple of winters, think sand was all they used for snow/ice. Mostly bridges... OP could correct me if I'm wrong