1999 TDI beetle For Sale

7gcbc

TDI
1999 new beetle, black w tan interior.
We have enjoyed our '99 TDI Beetle for many years. Just a blast to drive and 44 MPG on a trip to the NC mountains is indelibly etched on my mind. Unfortunately while I was working in AZ (and car was in AL) the sunroof leaked and wet the interior. My wife got it all dried out, but mildew formed inside in the car so she stopped driving it a few years ago. It has been in a dry shed since.

I retired a short time back and had plans to convert from Auto to Manual, or just get the automatic back on the road for frugal retirement travel. Personal issues (read "health") mean that I must now give up a few retirement projects, and the beetle is one.

It is black with the tan interior (interior needs some repair and much cleaning). Automatic, sunroof, and I added a nice, thick aluminum skid-plate (excellent mod I found out about on TDI Club). It is currently not operating, not licensed, and not insured. Has around 250K miles.

The car is located in East Central Alabama, about an hour and a half drive from the Atlanta Airport. I am asking $800 for the car, as-is, where-is. The basic car is in good shape, but it very much needs attention. Tires were almost new when parked.

If you would like to see photos please let me know. I will need to email them to you in a PM as attachments are not allowed on the forum.

If you have access to a private plane I live near a small airport so you can fly in for a look, or you can certainly drive in.

The help I have gotten from TDI Club over the years has been outstanding. All the enthusiasts here are to be commended for their willingness to help other TDI owners. Your generosity to me has not gone unnoticed. For this reason I prefer that it go to a TDI Club member if possible.

GB

7gcbc

TDI
1999 new beetle, black w tan interior.
1999 TDI Beetle for sale, asking $800

We have enjoyed our '99 TDI Beetle for many years. Just a blast to drive and 44 MPG on a trip to the NC mountains is indelibly etched on my mind. Unfortunately while I was working in AZ (and car was in AL) the sunroof leaked once and wet the interior. My wife got it all dried out, but mildew formed inside in the car so she stopped driving it a few years ago. It has been in a dry shed since.

I retired a short time back and had plans to convert from Auto to Manual, or just get the automatic back on the road for frugal retirement travel. Personal issues (read "health") mean that I must now give up a few retirement projects, and the beetle is one.

It is black with the tan interior (interior needs some repair and much cleaning). Automatic, sunroof, and I added a nice, thick aluminum skid-plate (excellent mod I found out about on TDI Club). It is currently not operating, not licensed, and not insured. Has around 250K miles.

The car is located in East Central Alabama, about an hour and a half drive from the Atlanta Airport. I am asking $800 for the car, as-is, where-is. The basic car is in good shape, but it very much needs attention. Tires were almost new when parked.

If you would like to see photos please let me know. I will need to email them to you in a PM as attachments are not allowed on the forum.

If you have access to a private plane I live near a small airport so you can fly in for a look, or you can certainly drive in.

The help I have gotten from TDI Club over the years has been outstanding. All the enthusiasts here are to be commended for their willingness to help other TDI owners. Your generosity to me has not gone unnoticed. For this reason I prefer that it go to a TDI Club member if possible.

GB