Mk4 TDI Brake issues.

Epic Biscuit

TDI
2005 Jetta 1.9
Hey guys, having an issue with my brakes....I dont seem to be losing brake fluid, however the pedal goes to the floor, and doesn't firm up when pumping. I found a small leak on this fitting, is this the banjo fitting? I'm planning on replacing all pads and rotors as well as doing a flush beforw I go about replacing the MC.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
If you are ABSOLUTELY sure you're not losing brake fluid, then the only way it can sink to the floor would be the master cylinder. Brakes calipers retain fluid, and unless it's dumping out somewhere, then the only other place the flhic can go is back to the master cylinder. I personally would change it if you're going to go through the extent of flushing already.

Epic Biscuit

TDI
2005 Jetta 1.9
Yeah, theres a pretty minor leak on that fitting in the imgur link....but I'm not losing any fluid from what i can see except the minor amount through the fitting. I was assuming it was an internal leak in the MC. The pads are pretty worn at this poinT ROO.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
It most likely is internal leaking on the master cylinder. You'll want to fix that external leak as well. Looks like it might just need new sealing brass washers.