Help me diagnose the Whining noise when accelerating

Ethickid

TDI
Jetta
Hi everyone, I recently had some transmission work done on my 2012 Jetta TDI. I had the Dual Mass flywheel replaced as there was some play in it and it was starting to make a weird noise. I had this done at a local transmission shop and they scope the transmission and said everything looked great. Yesterday I heard a weird like high-pitched whining noise coming from the front of the car only when the car accelerated. If I did a slow acceleration I didn't hear the noise and it seemed to cease once the car hit 80 km an hour. I have heard this now twice. I have had the DSG fluid redone fuel filter redone oil and filter redone all within the last 500 km. The Dual Mass flywheel was also done about 250 kilometres ago. When I took the car to the dealership they couldn't find the noise. I am wondering if anybody else has experienced anything like this and what the issue was. It seems to be coming from the front passenger side. The car also has 240,000 kilometers on it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

ejoskf

TDI
1.9 tdi passat 2004
Did you changed clutch too? Possibly clutch release bearing is on the way out. Also check all other bearings and tensioners it could be something else.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

Ethickid

TDI
Jetta
Once I got her out it seemed to stop a little bit, haven heard it in two days now. The clutch was overlooked when the car went in for servicing and they said it seemed newer

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Good one!
Mine has the exact same issue.:D
The wife says she only hears it from the drivers side also...

now back to your regularly scheduled program