fuel system problem continued

ralph pastore

For those of you whom have read my post's. The story continues. My VW dealer called me yesterday and he told me that I have gas in my diesel fuel. Welll my wife got Diesel out of a diesel pump that she pumped herself about 8 gallons to top off the tank, drove approx 2 hours. The car started the next morning and then quit in the afternoon unable start but it cranked. Got it towed to the dealer he said it started and drove it ten miles. They told me that they pumped a smple out of the tank. When I arrived there they had two glass bottles. One with good diesel and one with my fuel. I looked like almost diesel with orange juice mixed in!! I created at home a 50/50 mixture of gas & diesel and it looks like thined out diesel. They told me they are not sure what could be in the fuel but they do smell gasoline. Well after serious though I am heading to the dealer at opening and want a fuel sample pumped into a jar from my car for #1 to verify what I was shown was in fact what is in my tank and #2 to get it analyzed. The dealer also mentioned that they found something with the float swelled appartenty from what is in the tank. Needless to say I want the old part. Two questions for you experienced TDI guys. if in fact there was gas in a diesel tank at a station would the car run for two hours fine? And does any one know where I can get the diesel fuel analyzed? To be continued

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
1. yeah, maybe, depending on how much gas. Could it have been kerosene? or water?
2. Avlube I think is doing fuel analysis. Check around.