2013 20 mile to go help

Bruce 1

TDI
Passat
I have a 2013 I bought new. It has 199,957 miles On it. It has had several things with add blue replaced when it was under warranty.

But now on the dash a warning comes on and says 20 miles to go till no start.
It has done this about 6 other times in the past but was fixed under warranty.
Now it is not under warranty. About a month ago it did the same thing and I had a local shop take the tank out and clean everything. But today the same thing. 20 miles till no start.

Been getting advice from many sites.

I live in Ga where there are no emissions checks. I have a job that I drive a lot of miles on so I need this car because of the great fuel mileage. And only need it for 2 more years.
So. I have decided I need to delete the add blue .

So; what do I need? Where do I get the parts from? Is there any shops in North Ga ? I do not need performance mods. I just want to drive the car.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Also soon as you cross that 20 miles, the car won't shut off, it'll still run, but if you shut it off she won't fire back up due to the def interlock.

I think Malone can just straight tune the DEf system out, either way Andrew will def help you out in creative ways.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
At what date and mileage was the emissions fix applied? Sounds like you've put on over 51k miles since the fix, correct?

GrimeyMike

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I have a 2013 I bought new. It has 199,957 miles On it. It has had several things with add blue replaced when it was under warranty.

But now on the dash a warning comes on and says 20 miles to go till no start.
It has done this about 6 other times in the past but was fixed under warranty.
Now it is not under warranty. About a month ago it did the same thing and I had a local shop take the tank out and clean everything. But today the same thing. 20 miles till no start.

Something like this just happened to me. The adblue notice appeared and said I have 500 miles to go, which is strange because if the fluid is low, you're supposed to have, I think, 1500miles to add more.
I added fluid, right to the top. Adblue warning still on. Tried to clear it with VCDS. Warning still on. Then the engine light comes on as well.

Scanned it with VCDS and got two faults:

Reductant Flow - P218F 00 [096] - No flow detected
Reductant - P20E8 00 [237] - Pressure too low

I took it to dealer service, since it's under warranty. A couple hours later it was fixed. The problem was a leaking adblue supply line. I'm not sure exactly where it was leaking. I should have asked for details. The service advisor mentioned that they've seen this problem before and the replacement supply line was better than the original.

Mike

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
how cold has it been over there recently? You park outside? I wonder if she froze (more than normal) and busted the line.

GrimeyMike

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
how cold has it been over there recently? You park outside? I wonder if she froze (more than normal) and busted the line.

It was mild, in the mid 30's, when the warning message started. The car lives in the garage at night, which is at least 15°F warmer.

wilder11354

TDI
2014 SE passat 6dsg
the DEF injector on exhaust pipe is known to cake over plug up. Pull it out, clean it in a warm water solution reinstall.