Back from the body shop with new issues

vova

Veteran
TDI
2006 jetta tdi
Picked up my 06 Jetta from the body shop yesterday after getting the fender and bumper replaced. The car looks great but now the airbag light is on. The body shop took it in to have the light reset but they said it was the pass seat sensor and would not reset.
I also noticed today that when I turn off the ignition key the clock and miles reset to zero and 12:00 when turned back on. Did they change something when they tried to reset the airbag light?
Any help would be appreciated.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Sounds like two issues to me. First off the seat harness for the air bag are recalls have them fixed at the dealer for free. Sencond is just a guess here but I'm betting the battery is original? I would have it tested and changed if there was any doubt of it even being borderline bad.

vova

Veteran
TDI
2006 jetta tdi
Sounds like two issues to me. First off the seat harness for the air bag are recalls have them fixed at the dealer for free. Sencond is just a guess here but I'm betting the battery is original? I would have it tested and changed if there was any doubt of it even being borderline bad.
Ill look up the recall thanks. The battery is actually fairly new.

vova

Veteran
TDI
2006 jetta tdi
What else would make the clock and miles reset? The battery starts up no problem and is only a year plus old.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
There could also be a relay in the circuit that is causing the clock and the odometer to reset. It could also be an issue in the cluster.

Tony