TDI Injection Pump: To rebuild or to buy new

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
Hi everyone,
2000 VW Jetta tdi. Need to do something about the injection pump and I was wondering what your thoughts on rebuilding an existing pump or buying something new. Or could there be lower priced but reliable companies selling remanufactured pumps.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
If you are into the car for the long run, my advice would be to send your pump to Diesel Fuel Injection Service in Portland, OR.

The pricing is based on what it cost to replace the bad parts instead of a flat rate rebuild charge. The worst case scenario is usually under $1000 unless, of course, the core is not rebuild-able. They are masters of doing the job right and the have the proper equipment to do it.

No, I do not work for them...Just a satisfied customer over the years.

I stay away from Ebay rebuilders. Rebuild may actually mean change the seals and test nothing.

ahlcar

Vendor , w/Business number
I can vouch for Diesel Fuel Inj Service too. They have rebuilt dozens for me without any problems. The most expensive one was $822 and the cheapest was $678. Takes about a week turn around once they receive it. Be sure to get all the fuel out of your pump and seal in a baggie.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Use and additive like Stanadyne Performance Formula or Power Service equivalent in every tank. My 2002 has 272,000 miles with no injection pump issues and it has had a steady diet of Stanadyne Performance Formula.