www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old July 11th, 2019, 13:44   #1
lew2018

Default Golf Adblue sensor and/or pump issues

Hello, I'm a new VW owner (used 2015 Golf TDI, 32k miles) and I have the CEL on....please help! lol
Upon checking, there are two codes showing, P203B and P20E9. I would imagine any people that might respond would already know this but....anyway.
P203B is "Reductant level sensor - Implausible signal"
P20E9 is "Reductant pressure too high"
We took in to the local stealership and they quoted a little over $1700 to change the whole tank. I've read a few things (please straighten me out if needed....unless everything on the internet IS true, lol).
1. All the "stuff" in the Adblue tank is in one modular unit (heater, sensor, pump).
2. The sensor/pump/heater unit can be changed. (mostly read about the heater failing but, again, understood it was all in one unit)
3. The heater swap should be around $1200-ish (again, this was a heater failure....an answer debunking #1 might answer the others)

A few assumptions made here based off of what I've read....I'm learning.

BTW, it still needs that "second part" of the emission's scandal repair done....they wont touch it until the problems are fixed and the CEL is off.

Thank you,
Lew

Last edited by lew2018; July 11th, 2019 at 14:13. Reason: additional information to add
lew2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 15:42   #2
Nuje
Veteran Member

My understanding is that anything emissions (and exhaust and fuel, etc.)-related is covered under the extended emissions warranty - which goes for 11years / 160K miles.

For them to say, "whoa - we can't complete the fix for the emissions treatment system because there's a problem with the emissions treatment system"....that doesn't seem right.

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, DSG tune
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2

Last edited by Nuje; July 11th, 2019 at 15:45.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:10   #3
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

X2 what Nuje said. Call VW's Customer Care Department 1 (800) 822-8987. 8 AM to 9 PM Monday - Friday...
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:29   #4
kdawg89
Veteran Member

Like the others said as long as the car isnít modified in some way that is definitely a warranty item. But if the car is tuned or otherwise modified then you may be on your own as far as warranty is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold:06 Jetta, Darkside GTB1749V turbo, stage 4 malone tuning, 3 bar map, EGR delete, ASV deleted, buzzken catless downpipe, IDParts billet cam
kdawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:41   #5
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

They replaced all of mine when this same thing happened to me at a round 18k miles. Warranty item. Once fix 1 is done they are on the hook. Assuming your are stock.
Old July 12th, 2019, 19:05   #6
lew2018

Thanks for the quick responses! I did call another dealer just over an hour away and they said "it's possible it can be covered". He gave me the impression that he would work in that direction. The only thing done to the car is rims/tires.....bone stock otherwise as far as I know.

Nuje, I agree with the ironic statement but the local dealer said that right up front. I thought they were trying to take advantage of my son (his car but I'm the owner as far as the paperwork is concerned). Then, days later when I called the not-local dealer that is helping me, he said the same thing but also said they would try to cover it.
lew2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 14:19   #7
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Take the paperwork with you and show them in writing where it says it is covered. Also it says any disagreements between consumer and VW are to be decided in favor of the consumer. Stand your ground as it is covered. Be firm, polite and know the facts.