www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted

TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel cars for sale and wanted.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 20:22   #1
tdijim
Veteran Member

Default FS: Nice 96 Passat B4V, Eugene, Oregon Area

B4V is sold. 3/9/18

I am regrettably selling my 96 B4V. After driving a stick-shift for more than a decade, my wife finally gets an automatic transmission SUV, which will be able to take the place of our wagon, when it comes to hauling what needs to be hauled.
I'll put the information into the Spaghetti Western "Good, Bad and Ugly" format. Here 'tis...
The Good
* Custom-built engine by Hans Geittmann (previous owner) has 150% of stock VW engine horsepower, with typical B4 MPG
* New timing belt, etc., done at 198,617 miles by oldpoopie (Justin), up in Portland. Current mileage at 216,272 miles.
* Carefully driven between 2000 and 3000 rpm, using Mobil One fully-synthetic oil.
* Body, tires, brakes and clutch are good
* Rebuilt calipers, (one brand new)
* Custom grill and wheels but stock wheels and parts still available
* DieselGeek Short Shifter
* Stainless Steel Brake Lines
* Custom carpeted mats along with the original set of stock VW mats
* Temp and Boost gauges
* It's the largest wagon Volkswagen ever made, with one of the best engines
The Bad
* You turn the key twice in the driver's door to open it. (Never fixed that.)
* The stereo is original equipment and could be replaced
* The fuel gauge shows three gallons left when you actually need to refill
The Ugly
* The paint is beautiful from a distance, but up close, the hood has some road-grit wear
* The Chrome Wheels are also beautiful from a distance, but chrome shows its age
* The leather seats are old and could be replaced
* The top of the rear bumper is scratched from my utility trailer tongue, when I backed into place

The price is $4900 for tdiclub members. I'd love to see someone appreciate it. Email me @ tdijim@hotmail.com and I will send a picture album. (If someone will send me a PM and tell me how to add them to my ad, I would be very grateful.) They are available now in my Craigslist Eugene, auto/trucks ad.

Last edited by tdijim; March 9th, 2018 at 21:42. Reason: Car is sold.
tdijim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 00:10   #2
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...488688745.html

Is it this one?
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 04:20   #3
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Anchorage View Post
I'm thinking this one
https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/...516500895.html
Old March 3rd, 2018, 16:04   #4
tdijim
Veteran Member

Default Craigslist Eugene is the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexNICO View Post
Yep, this is the one...white, B4V in Craigslist Eugene. I'm going to add pictures of the engine and a closeup of my TdiFest sticker. Ha
Old March 4th, 2018, 16:44   #5
tdijim
Veteran Member

Default New Pictures Added Sunday, 3/4/18

Tires, wheels, grill, engine, front view, etc.
Old March 4th, 2018, 22:40   #7
tdijim
Veteran Member

Default Hans Geittmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooyajerms View Post
Hans Geittmann was a tdiclub legend. Good luck with the sale
It was a pleasure doing business with him. I called before I flew back to Colorado to get it and asked him, "Is it in shape to drive to Oregon right now? He said, "Absolutely," and it was totally solid the entire trip. That's how I've kept it...ready to drive across the country right now.
Thanks for the good luck.
Jim
Old March 6th, 2018, 07:25   #8
HeyZeusBC

from one Jim with a white tdi wagon to another, thats a great looking one youve got here. glws

2003 Jetta TDI 5spd Wagon "Triumph"
HeyZeusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2018, 10:24   #9
tdijim
Veteran Member

The white sedans or wagons always did it for me.
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:37   #10
tdijim
Veteran Member

Default "The Bad"

I forgot one for "The Bad." Hans never could get Cruise Control to communicate with his ECU after he did his build. His thread was Cruise Control troubleshooter, from March 15, 2009. He thought it was the newer, modern ECU that was the problem, or perhaps turning off the rocketchip program might fix it, but I didn't want to lose the power, so I just drove it without CC.
Old March 7th, 2018, 20:31   #11
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdijim View Post
I forgot one for "The Bad." Hans never could get Cruise Control to communicate with his ECU after he did his build. His thread was Cruise Control troubleshooter, from March 15, 2009. He thought it was the newer, modern ECU that was the problem, or perhaps turning off the rocketchip program might fix it, but I didn't want to lose the power, so I just drove it without CC.
Its not the tune, cruise is easy to diagnose. It can be toggled off and on with vagcom - ie. 11463 login to enable. There should be a "G" in the header in vagcom screen. Cruise enable assignment lives in eeprom, not flash.

You can also diagnose switches and pedals with field 006 in measuring blocks.

It can be USA or Euro (two flavors) firmware. I specialize in fixing cruise for many projects. VW euro AFN uses 12v High signal on clutch and brake, while audi AFN ground low signal to make switches.

Many times it a broke ribbon 12v lead on outer radius - broken copper trace. Many plastic heat cycles in the car. plastic and copper expand and contract a bit different and traces break over time. Sometimes the auto conversions to 5spd have missing wire from clutch switch. (ie B4 gas conversions to tdi).

Jeff ;-))
15 Golf SW DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 19:06   #12
tdijim
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrmonster View Post
Its not the tune, cruise is easy to diagnose. It can be toggled off and on with vagcom - ie. 11463 login to enable. There should be a "G" in the header in vagcom screen. Cruise enable assignment lives in eeprom, not flash.

You can also diagnose switches and pedals with field 006 in measuring blocks.

It can be USA or Euro (two flavors) firmware. I specialize in fixing cruise for many projects. VW euro AFN uses 12v High signal on clutch and brake, while audi AFN ground low signal to make switches.

Many times it a broke ribbon 12v lead on outer radius - broken copper trace. Many plastic heat cycles in the car. plastic and copper expand and contract a bit different and traces break over time. Sometimes the auto conversions to 5spd have missing wire from clutch switch. (ie B4 gas conversions to tdi).

Jeff ;-))
That sounds great, Jeff. I'll pass this on to the buyer and they can figure it. Hans used a Euro EPU, I believe and he said I could try a different EPU. I think you're right on this.
Old March 9th, 2018, 12:59   #13
gq1

Dang, I wish I had the cash on hand for this. Hopefully it will still be available when I do.
gq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 13:22   #14
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

Is this the same vehicle?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=157345
Old March 9th, 2018, 21:36   #15
tdijim
Veteran Member

Default B4v is sold...

Thank you, everyone, for all the interest in this car that has been mine for nine years. It was everything it should have been; powerful, reliable and economical. Anytime it needed something done, I knew what to do or who to ask online. So, my gratitude to everyone who contributes and makes this an outstanding club. It felt kind of interesting, watching it drive away, you know?