2013 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof CPO price?

drramki

TDI
2013 Passat
I am looking at a 2013 Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof CPO car and it has run 4000 miles in 8 months and it was $25,250. I was able to get them down to $24,400.

I consider this over new one since it comes with an extra 2 year CPO warranty. The best quote for a new one I got is 24,350 + dest fee + dealer fee + taxes (MRSP: $29.4k)

I felt that I might have agreed on a higher price point for a 2013 CPO after looking at this forum. I still haven't purchased this car. What do you think?

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I'm not all that clear about what you're saying. Here's what I get:

1. The car you're looking at had a sticker of $29.4K, todo incluiso.

2. The lowest you can get them to go is $24.4K. (I am assuming this price is also inclusive).

If you had bought the car new, what would you actually have had to pay? We bought our Passat at a sticker of $33,710 for $29,198. That was $4500 off, around 13.3% off sticker. So let's take the sticker of the car you bought and assume 13% off, that's $3820 off so you would have paid* around $25,600. to me, this is just way too close to a car someone else has had for 8 months and driven 4K miles. I'd make them an offer closer to $20K, and pass if they didn't take it.

*I realize I'm doing this calculation with your fees & taxes included, but since I don't know what those were, I have no other choice. Personally, what I pay for the CAR is what I pay the dealer, the number on the sales invoice, so dealer fees are OK. What I pay the state in sales tax, plates, title, registration, cocktail shrimp, etc. doesn't enter into it, and that varies all over the place. It isn't even the same in various places in the Great State of Illinois where I live.

drramki

TDI
2013 Passat
Never mind.

I got a got a good quote this morning for a new car and am going ahead. Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof. $5.5k off MSRP.