BMW 335d

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Yes, I know this isn't a VW TDI and I hope this isn't against forum rules. I was unable to find anything that indicated it was...

2011 BMW 335d Sport.

Silver exterior, black interior. 65k miles. Very clean car. No modifications. Brand new (less than 500 miles) Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires.

Has a few small paint scratches on the front bumper and some scrapes on the lower valence if you bend down to look. Rear bumper has a wrinkle, pics included.

Link to Craigs add, which I ended up using for the pics. Price for TDIclub folks is $15,000, OBO.

For pics: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/temecula-d/6932285449.html

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oh, also...just had the CBU done about 2k ago and there was a recall of sorts for the Urea tank. Dealer just installed a whole new tank and heater about two months ago on warranty.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
If only you weren’t so far away from WI. GLWS.
Don't let the distance hold you back. They have these metal birds nowadays that can transport people across vast distances to visit family and friends or in your case, to purchase a really nice looking 335D that is priced very nice for TDIClub members. :p;):D

I have a feeling that Manny would be willing to work with you if you flew out there to drive the car back to WI. My dad exactly that with a car that was in Tucson, AZ. The guy selling the car picked him up at the airport, drove him to his house where the car was, looked it over and then took it for a test drive to make sure it was everything the owner said it was. They made the deal and my dad was on his way.

The only other option is to have it shipped here, but you're talking $1,000+ to have it shipped to WI and it might take them 3-4 before they make a run that way.

Just some food for thought.:)

Good luck with the sale Manny and if I was looking for another diesel and had the money, we'd talking.

Last edited:

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Haha, thanks for the plug!

Now that I think about it, I've never bought a vehicle less than 850 miles away, so I might not be the best one to talk to about this sort of thing. ;)

But I would definitely be up for working with long distance buyers. When you take good care of a vehicle for a number of years you kind of hate to see it go to someone who is going to hack it up and I know clubbers aren't that type. Hence the Craigs vs TDIclub price differential.

And FWIW, I make frequent runs between Ca and Co so it would not be beyond the realm of possibility to make that work for anyone interested in the car.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Anytime! Sometimes people don't think outside of the box and need the suggestion from other people for the light to go on and realize that there are other options out there.

Good luck with the sale and like you said, hopefully it will go to a good home.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
If only you weren’t so far away from WI. GLWS.

Love it when people throw these lines out.... I doubt you're a serious buyer.

I'm in the Chicago area.
In the past 10 years...

Flew to NC to drive back a Corvette Z06
Flew to Miami to drive back a Lexus GS350
Flew to TX to drive back a 535D
Flew to NY to drive back a modded offroad 4Runner

Good luck with the sale... sounds like a great low mile 335D

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I'm going to be in the market for one of these in the future, but I have to make room & sell two cars first.

It will probably help to list the option packages this vehicle has. It looks like it has the sport seats and iDrive options. Does it have the cold weather package (heated seats & split rear fold down seats)? Power rear sunshade? M Sport package?

Just trying to help with the sale. Good luck!

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's good to hear others suffer the same ailment when it comes to buying cars. I might have you beat, Pete.

Flew to Denver to get a truck in 2002
Flew to Austin to get my 2002 Jetta (who was just sold to a clubber who flew down from Seattle)
Flew to Atlanta to get a 2004 Jetta for my sister...
Drove to Modesto to get another truck
Bought a Touareg last month from a dealer in NJ, had it trucked out here. Perfect.

Its kinda fun to have a road trip in a new car I think!

But as for the 335d, I'm not really up on the packages. It is a Sport, it has iDrive, it has heated seats, but I've never had the rear seats down so I'm not sure if that happens. No rear sun shade, no M Sport package. Thanks!

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Twice I've bought a new VW TDI in Florida and driven it home. Great introductory road trip. It helped to have skis or a bike in the car for a bit of fun on the way. GLWS.