Auto Headlight conversion '14 JSW

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
hi everyone,
i recently purchased a auto headlight conversion kit for a 2014 Golf wagon ( jetta sportwagen in the u.s) from here:
https://www.urotuning.com/products/...ersion-kit-mk6-golf-jsw?variant=8384983564343
it was very easy to install, just make sure the car is off and the factory light switch is set to 0 or off.
Then press the switch in and pull the whole unit out. i had to open side fuse panel and i pushed it out from the back with my other hand.
disconnect the harness from the factory switch

then feed the sensor and wire through the pocket and out of the fuse panel area. use the special blue tool that came with the switch to hide the cable between the dash and the a pillar trim. i placed my sensor right near the windshield in the corner.

instructions from urotuning for sensor adjustment.
To learn and remember the light condition for headlights. Turn switch in the following sequence: Auto -> head light -> Auto, setup is completed after you will hear 3 sounds of D. Headlights will automatically turn on on this light condition next time.
and here is the switch in action! ( fyi my brake light bulb was out hence the error light on the cluster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Vt1ujqyDw
installation is similar to this video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZcMT1gDuiw) but there is no additional module on the back. just plug the harness straight into the new headlight switch.
Thanks Urotuning!!:cool:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Nice, good time to add fog lights too. Looks like ebay has these kits too, anyone know if they are junk? What exactl is the coming home feature?

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Nice, good time to add fog lights too. Looks like ebay has these kits too, anyone know if they are junk? What exactl is the coming home feature?
Coming home is the lights staying on for 30 seconds after you lock the doors. I did the auto headlight and foglight retrofit on my beetle, i used the vw wiring harness and everything else aftermarket from ebay (us sellers). The auto headlight box and switch are chinese.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
There is a difference on the coming home feature: my passat uses the low beam, while the bug uses daytime running lights.

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
I was just complaining about this on a car Facebook page.

Our cars clearly have a light sensor somewhere (notice how your gauges black out when going into a parking garage) - wish this were just a plug and play conversion.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I find the auto headlights on the Treg annoying. The lights pop on every single time we pull into the garage. But my wife likes the feature and its her car.