Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Last edited:

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Thanks for the info. Sure looks to be a group III on their MSDS. I now know where to look for the group rating of an oil. I wanted a group IV oil meeting the 504/507 for a 2010 VW TDI from Liqui Moly but I don't believe they have one that is sold here. I assume the tech 4200 is a good oil of choice even it being a group III oil that I can use. It is costly at some $55.00 a 5 liter jug for a group III oil, as costly as group IV's. Thanks again BKmetz

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Thanks for the info. Sure looks to be a group III on their MSDS. I now know where to look for the group rating of an oil. I wanted a group IV oil meeting the 504/507 for a 2010 VW TDI from Liqui Moly but I don't believe they have one that is sold here. I assume the tech 4200 is a good oil of choice even it being a group III oil that I can use. It is costly at some $55.00 a 5 liter jug for a group III oil, as costly as group IV's. Thanks again BKmetz
Just go on their webpage and and ask / search for oil for your wants?
One of the best Oil.

http://www.liquimoly.com

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
What would be an example(s) of Ester/PAO (group IV/V) 507 oils?
Only in Germany is the distinction between Group III and 4/5 mandated. So..we really don't know what most other oils are. Based on performance characteristics, Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w30 is a mix of 3/4/5. Redline Euro 5w30 (not officially blessed) is 5 and stated as such.

In the end, it's a non-issue. Except for extreme conditions, whether an oil is group 3, 4 or 5, won't matter. It's the specifications the oil meets that matters.