1300 miles & shut down

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Great news! I hope that's the end of your problems for a long long time. :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Any update on whether this was the HPFP?? or what the issue was?
See logskidder's quote...

logskidder said:
Well guys finally got an answer on the problem. BAD ECU/ECM. New part supposed to be there this morning. Dealership and Volkswagon has been great thru the ordeal. Up to 4 phone calls per day keeping us updated. Supposed to pick the car up today or later this evening. Just glad its almost over and we can get our brand new car back.

coolsio1234

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta Tdi, 05 Passat Tdi, GL320 CDI
Sorry just hoping they resolved the issues they had before in the jetta.Im glad to hear its not the HPFP.... Im looking to pull the trigger on one of these for the wife but.......
Its either this or the straight 6 e320 CDI thats on the table... Not sure yet what Im going to do lol :confused:

HPFP...Really, thats what you think it would be! The OP stated it was a defective ECM and VW replaced it.

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
Before I purchased my 2009 JSW TDI I was a buyer of a Mercedes E320 CDI. Nice car but only rear wheel drive. Not good in New England in the winter snow. The fuel mileage on the E-CDI was better than their gas cars but no where near what you will see on a 2012 Passat TDI. I purchased a C 300 MB for my wife last year. Nice car with typical MB build quality and the SEL TDI, IMHO, is as much and more car. More standard features for way less money.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Nice car but only rear wheel drive. Not good in New England in the winter snow.
Debatable, this is my first car thats FWD and I have to say once good snow tires are on, both the RWD and the TDI I've driven are about equal, and I'd perfer RWD for the funness when you want. You just need to be aware of the RWD lmitation if there's no traction control.

logskidder

TDI
passat
We'll guys put about 700 miles on the car since the incident with no problems. Dealer followed up a a few days after to make sure everything was going ok. Its running great. Averaging about 38mpg, with rural roads, city and highway mix. Keeping all fuel and mileage logged.