Is the Diesel kleen + cetane boost safe?

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I visited a local European garage shop yesterday to have some tweaks done in my precious TDI SEL.
He did enable the auto rain sensors and windows closures. Sweet !
He recommended to use 6oz of Diesel kleen + cetane boost on every fill.
He said that he have been using on his cars (he got a MKIV TDI) and also he has been recommended to his customer. Mentioned that he changed a fuel filter on a Jetta TDI after 40k miles and the filter was cleans as new. He never seen something as clean before after 40K and he ad 6oz since the car was new..

Do you guys recommend to add this on every fill?
Also there is a winter version (white bottle)..
Please advise.

HI_Racing

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, black
Used it during the cooler months in my MKIV when I lived in Dallas. Seems to start easier. Moved to 8500 feet in the Rockies this summer and now use it to prevent gelling. :)

DonL

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI wagon (BEW)
I use the gray bottle all the time in both my TDI and my Dodge Cummins. I go about 4 oz per 10 gallons of diesel. There is a definite mpg increase in the Dodge, as much as 10 % and a lessor, maybe 5 %, increase in the TDI. I use it less in the TDI during summer months.

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Thanks for the advise.
Also my friend who happen to be service manager for VW dealer recommend me to use it.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
K, welcome aboard. The product mfr recommends not using anti-gel products during the summer months. Look for the silver bottle ;)

Last edited:

LargoSlade

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL 6 speed Manual
My dealer, in the USA, recommended I use this too. My car is a 2011 Jetta TDI. I have used it for 4,000 miles and find the car runs better and fuel economy boosted by 2 mpg. I use 3 oz per US gallon, the recommended amount by the manufacturer. I am very pleased with the product.

I hope this is a help to you.

jgeorge

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 audi a3 tdi
The service manage where i take my wifes 2010 a3 said NO additives are recommended for any diesel with a dpf system- Not even stanadyne- Its approved for models pre -09. Screw that, i add a lubricity additive anyways!

mbaker01

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE
I am using Primrose's Winter Power 4033 for my 2012 Passat TDI SE. Is anyone familiar with this and have thoughts? Also, how hard is it to add a Frostheater to my new Passat. I am pretty handy and am curious. Thanks!

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
The service manage where i take my wifes 2010 a3 said NO additives are recommended for any diesel with a dpf system- Not even stanadyne- Its approved for models pre -09. Screw that, i add a lubricity additive anyways!

agreed. used PS for 8 yrs now . car runs great. if it's just to make me feel better than so be it....

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Use the PS in the Jeep and use B100 in the Passats so no need.

The PS does indeed help the Jeep with our West Coast crap diesel, but so would the same amount of Biodiesel added to the tank each time. :)

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44499

Hopefully useful info on lubricity loss in low sulfur diesel and replacement options. Due to date of research, effect on DPT not part of study/results which is wild card. Good news is that Bio is authorized by VW and best lubricity replacement. I wish I could find B-2 locally but no luck.
That is the SPICER REPORT. Again.

Bill

EDIT to add excerpt from the spicer report:

"Each additive tested was obtained independently via internet or over the counter purchases. The only exceptions were Opti-Lube XPD and the bio- diesel sample. The reason for this is because Opti-Lube XPD additive was considered “experimental” at the time of test enrollment and was not yet on the market. It was sent directly from Opti-Lube company."

The optilube sample was not obtained in an impartial manner and somehow won the test....

Sorry charlie, it don't fly.

Last edited: