Three 12V Outlets

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
I thought there was supposed to be three 12V outlets in the car. I see the one in front of the shifter and one in the center armrest/console. Where is the third?

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
I don't think there is a third. I thought there was on in the trunk (so I can plug in my inverter) but I can't find one.

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
I thought it listed 3 in the spec sheet. First year car issues I guess.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I saw a picture of the Passat with rear vents and another 12 volt connection on page 9 of this self study guide http://152.66.93.29/audi/download/vw/passat/2012 passat.pdf
We didn't get this in our model. I think there is a connection in the trunk area of our sedan.
I pointed this out to VW North America after seeing the first round of Passats come out. They said there was power inside the console. I suggested it was stupid not to have power available for rear seat passengers especially in today's society of technology.

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
Not only is it stupid not to have 1 for the rear seat passengers but vw.com clearly shows 3 listed on spec sheet. Thanksgiving travel with kids games in backseat and our phones up front lead to some plug swapping during the drive.

Texas Realtor

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT, 2006 Jeep Rubicon 6MT & 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
Not only is it stupid not to have 1 for the rear seat passengers but vw.com clearly shows 3 listed on spec sheet. Thanksgiving travel with kids games in backseat and our phones up front lead to some plug swapping during the drive.
X2, we have at least three to four gadgets going on any given time.

Ozzmosis86

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
We ran into this during our Thanksgiving trip as well, however since there is already power to the center console it would be pretty easy to split the power and install a 2nd one for the rear passengers.

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
I called VWoA today and asked where the 3rd one was. He said there is only 2. I asked why are 3 listed on the spec sheet on VW.com

He said he wanted to research it more.....time will tell.