Any using CounterAct electronic rust protection

Vroom

Veteran Member
TDI
mrrobmora
I'm pretty sure that would be a method to prevent rust (just trying to think back to my lone materials engineering class... didn't pay enough attention, I'm no ME
). But I have no idea whether or not it works with that particular product.

DieselFumes

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I'm also skeptical which is why I posted the question. There is another product that is sold by JC Whitney that's similar but I can't connect to JC Whitney's to tell you what it's called. Maybe that's what your sister has.

Just trying to figure out a way to make the body last as long as the engine!

TDI2some

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 PassatTDI GLS, 2003 Audi A4q 1.8t, 1975 Rabbit (waiting for TDI transplant)
Don't some marine vessels use some form of electronic device for anti-corrosion? As for this thing actually working.."As seen on HotRod TV"...ummm......well...

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
I believe you're thinking of a sacrificial anode. The idea (I'm no chemist) is to electrically bond a metal to your car which is more "attractive" to the free ions (salt) floating about, which cause the corrosion. I think they might work better in liquid than gas environments though, which would explain why they don't get used on cars.

chance

Veteran Member
i have on of these on a 96 jeep cherokee that i purchased last summer. its blinks and i think its working? the truck has very little rust.body is excellent only a little surface rust underneath the truck. i remember these on new cars back in the 80's. i'm leaving mine alone and hope it keeps working.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
TADC: They do work better in a liquid, that's why they are on ships. They still rust though ...