Q5 3.0 TDI S-Line or SQ5 3.0 TFSI Prestige edition with APR???

D_L

TDI
14 Audi A7
I am trying to decide what to get.

A Q5 3.0 TDI S-Line or SQ5 3.0 TFSI Prestige edition.

Stock SQ5 Prestige Supercharged: 354 hp and 346 trq
Stock Q5 S-Line TDI: 240 hp and 428 trq

SQ5, APR ECU tune, Cold air intake, and smaller supercharger pulley,
410 AWHP and 430 AWTQ somewhere close to this

Q5 S-Line TDI: you can get like, APR ECU tune, Cold air intake.
310 AWHP and 500 AWTQ somewhere close to this

I'm looking for performance and good MPG.

Q5 TDI Diesel sounds like the way to go with power upgrade and MPG savings.

SQ5 would be a blast with the most HP and a little better highway MPG.

Anybody try these mod combinations from APR? Thanks

D_L

TDI
14 Audi A7
If you buy an additional Audi ECU and program it with the APR tunes then before taking the vehicle in for any maintenance, remove the APR tuned ECU and put the stock ECU back in,Audi will never know you use a upgraded ECU.

I've heard this will work to protect your warranty and prevent Audi from flagging your car?

What if you buy a brand new ECU from dealer and have them install and program. Then you use the one that they just took out to tune the ECU. Then swap upgraded ECU out yourself before any trip to dealer?

Last edited:

D_L

TDI
14 Audi A7
After I test drove a 14 SQ5, I talked to a Service Tech about my modding plans. He said to buy a new ECU and have it programmed by them, then send to APR. Swap out ECU's before trip to dealer. He said Audi does track cars that come in with mods's by the ECU. He didn't make it sound like a big problem, except the cost of a new ECU. He said it's pretty easy to swap out your ECU in a SQ5. I may need to follow up on this, just to make sure. Any Audi techs on this board, I'm sure there is lots.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I don't know how Audi is different, but Immobilizer is a whole system. When programing a new part (cluster, KESSEY, key, ECM) the old part is erased from the system. The part itself still has the VIN and serial number, but it has been removed from the Immo system.

So swapping the ECM 'should' still need the Immo reprogramming every time. If someone is making this work please, do tell.

Jason

D_L

TDI
14 Audi A7
I am thinking about this for my '13 A3, I'd like to hear how it works out for you. Someone mentioned on my A3 thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=390273 that there may be a problem with the immobilizer keys.
Talke with APR, true about the immobilzer keys. Best thing to do is take out ECU and send to APR to remove tunes then send back to APR after trip to dealer. All we pay for is shipping to and from, no charge for loading and unloading tunes.

Thanks for everyones help. I'm just going to make it easy and buy a Lexus LS460 F-Sport for now. I'll look at Audi vehicles again in a few years. Thanks

volksjaeger

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon, '15 Golf Sportwagen, '16 Touareg Lux
I'm just going to make it easy and buy a Lexus LS460 F-Sport for now. I'll look at Audi vehicles again in a few years. Thanks
Have you considered a Tesla Model S? For that kind of money you could get one with similar specs. Just curious.